Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

March 2017 Trip (LFMK LFMD LJPZ LDDU LDSP LGKR)

Split LDSP is on your route before Dubrovnik LDDU. And btw although LDSP per AIP requires PPR only during high season, it’s better always to announce operations as described at their web site.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Olbia (LIEO) is not PPR, be aware in Olbia there is not AVGAS available.

WellsA
LSZA

@TJ, I think you right.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Rob2701 wrote:

This from LDDU Airport in response to my question regarding permissions and handling.

“No special permissions are necessary.
Just fill flight plan in your FIO/ARO”

That sounds very similar to my experience with Split airport in 2014. No handling means there is no requirement to appoint a handling agent. But at Split there was ‘handling’ but the airport personnel did it rather than a third party. In fact it was quite amusing – baggage tractor/trolley sent out to the plane (for about 4 bags) and it went onto the carousel for us to collect! Total cost for landing, airport ‘handling’ and 3 days parking was about 90 Euro. I expect Dubrovnik is set up in a similar way.

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

This from LDDU Airport in response to my question regarding permissions and handling.

“No special permissions are necessary.
Just fill flight plan in your FIO/ARO”

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Check out pervious prices paid here "Info Here ":https://www.you-fly.com/airport/lddu/Dubrovnik

It looks like the prices are reasonable. Circa 60euro inc handeling and parking.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

@Peter. I know what you mean, but the airport AIP for Greece doesn’t state mandatory handling either, but we know it is due to some section in the GEN section of the states AIP.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

I have but the title would have been way too long with airport names also. However, see my post above. You just need to contact the airports directly for the details.

But if the AIP doesn’t say Handling Mandatory then it probably isn’t.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Maybe @Peter could rename thread for a better response?

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

I suggest phoning the airport.

This isn’t Spain France or Italy where you usually need to speak the native language unless calling a handling agent.

Croatia is easy.

Most airports nowadays have a website with contacts.

A google on

dubrovnik airport

produces this and there you see

Discovering whether handling is mandatory is not going to be achieved by calling the handling agent

Also many airports are set up to trap GA arrivals by the handling agent.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message