Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sandel SN3308 Not Lighting Up (also SN3500)

It would be extremely rare for a transformer to fail. Have you verified with a scope that there is input to it and the output is not shorted?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Have you verified with a scope that there is input to it and the output is not shorted?

To which my man replied…. “It’s a high frequency transformer. You can hear the short in it when it gets switched on. Come over tomorrow and have a listen :-)”

Edit – He also says – “There is a short between one of the primary windings and a secondary winding”

Last Edited by WilliamF at 29 Jan 22:24
Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Now I‘m in the same situation as WilliamF before. My Sandel 3500 stays dark. Asking for a replacement bulb in the southern Germany avionic shop and at Sandel itself was disappointing at all. The backlight for the Sandel 3500 is no longer available and offer me an upgrade to LED backlighting. Price for this is $3,750 plus shipping and VAT. Not bad! Thats a lot of fuel. Does anyone of you know if the Sandel 3308 uses the same bulb as the Sandel 3500? Is the exchange of the bulb easy?

EDWF, Germany

I just got the information ( from here https://www.allegory.com/al-sandel-sales-htm) , that the bulbs of the Sandel 3308 and Sandel 3500 are not the same. Any recommendation?

EDWF, Germany

Changing the bulb is easy alright. Just need some small tools. I ended up getting a replacement unit from another forum member as it was the power supply in the original unit that was giving the problem.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message