Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to get stick-on black wing walk material

Not really because one is 15cm wide and the other is that paint I mentioned.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Forever learning
EGTB

If you’re going to mix “rough” material into the paint to be applied to the aluminum skin, sand is a no no, it’ll abrade into the aluminum. When I worked for deHavilland, I recall a study being done, and crushed walnut shell was the preferred material. It is hard and durable, though not hard enough to damage aluminum. It is commonly used as a grit blasting media, so should be easy to find.

If not that, buy and apply the anti slip tape, as the tape backing will protect the aluminum from the abrasive.

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Many in the RV world are using companies that make custom skateboard grip material. You can get them in almost any color, even with patterns or photos printed on there. No direct experience, but here’s a sample site: https://splattergoat.com

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

The material is “3M safety walk 500 serie”.
Impossibile to find in “small” pieces.
The only one I found was some like 2000euro!

Regards
Diego

LILE, Italy

What dimensions do you need?

Ebay sells the tape up to 10" wide.

For my wooden aircraft I bought some paint that was meant for decking – presumably sand based, but it works well and costs less than stuff with ‘aircraft’ on the label.

Diamond have gone away from adhesive walkway sticker and now supply a stick on mask and a bag of grit. An adhesive is applied and the grit sprinkled over the area.

Once the mask is removed and the area cleaned you have a well defined non slip surface

We measured the wingwalk at 22" (56cm) wide. Length is probably 2x that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Does removal of the wing walk constitute a speed increase?

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message