Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cleveland 30-55 Calliper

My Aircraft is AOG after a brake incident today where a bolt sheared and damaged the back half of the calliper as it fell off!

I am looking for the metal housing on the opposite side of the Calliper called “Plate Assembly Back 74-10” which was Piper part number 755-855. They keep changing part numbers but the up to date part number for the whole Assembly is probably 551-711 – It’s a Cleveland 30-55 calliper fitted to a Piper Archer PA-28 181 built 1977

Airparts in the UK do not hold stock and are quoting 4 weeks lead time. I don’t want to be grounded that long. Any suggestions of suppliers in the UK, EU and US who might hold stock gratefully received.

If you have a 30-55 calliper in your hangar/shed/garage and want to sell it please PM me! Second hand is also fine as it will be re-built.

Thanks!

United Kingdom

For brakes and wheel components, I always go to the Cleveland Component Maintenance Manual. Especially Piper. I find that outfits will charges more for that piper part number. Below is an interactive manual for all of cleveland wheels and brakes components. It may help you find your part quicker.

Cleveland Wheels & Brakes CMM

Great! – That link was so useful – thank you!

It lists all Cleveland Brakes etc by Aircraft Model Number. What a fantastic forum

United Kingdom

I think Alaska Bushwheels may do a PMA part, if PMA parts are acceptable on certified EASA aircraft – I’ve been keeping them in mind for our brake calipers should they need replacing (we have the double piston ones, I think the PA-28 uses the single piston type) as they are about 25% of the cost of Cleveland ones.

Andreas IOM

I have a used pair of Cleveland 30-63B brakes which, according to the above parts list, have the same back plate assembly as the 30-55 (p/n 074-01000).

Google Glenswinton airfield and email or phone if you want to get in touch.

ATB, Peter.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Thank you so much everybody for the fantastic feedback and PM’s with offers of parts.

I have some parts on the way which I should receive in a few days.

Thanks !

United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message