Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Seat belt rewebbing

I have been down this road and the conclusion is re-webbing is marginal on cost saving, for a private aircraft that has few usage cycles on the seat belts it may save money.

Problems usually arise when the attachments and buckles have ware, damage or corrosion.

It is highly probable that if the metal parts of the assembly are going to need replacement it is cheaper to buy a new harness set.

Schroth are our favoured supplier as the service is as described by Charlie Romeo above.

@Peter
Does anyone have up to date contacts for replacing the seat belts in a Socata TB20?

You could investigate on their homepage (also in English) https://www.franzose.de/en/Citroen-2CV/Alle/Sicherheitsgurte/
or google " gurte citoen 2cv " to find more offers. However, I so far did not need to change the belts on my TB20.

Last Edited by nobbi at 26 Oct 09:55
EDxx, Germany

That’s exactly the link I found too and posted above. I might just buy one and see what it looks like.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just as a data point, my front seatbelts (pilot & pax) are currently being rewebbed in the US. They are BAS 3-4 point belts (two shoulder belts attached via Y to a single retractor on the roof… so technically 3-point I guess). Aircraft is N-reg.

Quote was $200 per belt vs $700 for new belts, plus shipping, 5-7 business days turnaround. Price list shows less than that, but perhaps BAS model is reason.

Company is aircraft seat belts

All prices I saw from Europe outfits were significantly more, even with shipping considered. Would be interested to hear what the above mentioned companies charge for similar seatbelts.

LSZK, Switzerland

I don’t have the invoice at hand, but IIRC the rewebbing was less than 200€, and a new set of lap belts would’ve been 500€.

This was for one lap belt (both ends) of a Schroth four-point-harness.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message