Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TB20 2 blade to 3 blade prop change

One more factor worth being noted is that the overhaul of a 2 blade is ~3k Euro whereas for the 3 blade its ~5k Euro
One of my factors on the decision will be whether our current 2 blade prop will be offered an exchange value.

LGMG Megara, Greece

@ RXH
before I ordered the prop MT told me about these HiGlo problems you mention – however I also ordered it with the chrome layer.
Let’s see how it works. Think I have to brief the A&P urgently not to kick around the spinner when at the annual …

EDxx, Germany

@RXH if I may ask how moderate was the moderate cash payment for the prop exchange? I am pondering exchanging the 3-blade McCauley vs a 4-blade MTV14 at next overhaul (if only to make the mooney look even more like a mustang).

@Shorrick Mk2

Of yourse you may ask but I hope you will understand that I prefer not to answer

My simple reasoning is that the exchange of my prop happened already four years ago in a different economic climate, maybe a very different load situation for MT, exchanging very different props from the ones you might be looking for etc. Stating some number would probably be rather meaningless and therefore misleading and unfair to both yourself and MT.

RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message