Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TB Stabilus gas strut identification (and 600N struts and €800 brackets, now available for £65 via EuroGA)

Colin wrote:

Just got prices for the new door bracket.

TB10 25086103 FERRURE => 788.55 euros ea, estimated lead time : 87 business days at date of order

Plus shipping, plus VAT.

OUCH!!

Got the quote back from the CNC firm. I could sell these for £65 each plus postage, machined in 7075 and clear anodised for corrosion protection.

Will order a small batch of 10 now – lead time will be 2 weeks.

United Kingdom

I would be very interested in 2. I’ll confirm later once I have spoken to my engineer.

EGLK, United Kingdom

I’ll take 2 please.

Send me payment details when you can. Thanks.

EGLK, United Kingdom

Someone should mention this on the US Socata owners’ group

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Someone should mention this on the US Socata owners’ group

I like the idea but it won’t go down well with the Administrator.

EGLK, United Kingdom

Would this allow a pre-GT to be upgraded to 600NM struts?

EHRD, Netherlands

I don’t know but I doubt it – at least not without considerable hacking.

Indeed; you would get excommunicated

Administrator

Colin wrote:

The Socata forum is a fantastic resource, but considering the answers are supported by actual Socata people it’s not a great idea to challenge the status quo. For encyclopedic knowledge of the TB series there is no better place to look. It’s not a place to explore “creative” solutions. The right tool for the right job…

EHRD, Netherlands

The site is dominated by “company men” who feel they need to support the factory all the way.

It’s getting quite daft, with this sort of pricing for a bracket which is prob99 machined up by some old man working in a “wooden shed” somewhere in the depths of provincial France, and Socata then “release them under their Part 145 authority” and increase the price 10×. Or perhaps they are using a top-tier aerospace company which is just charging the “right price” for tiny batches.

The planes have not been made for 20 years, spares prices are creeping up steadily and so are the lead times as the old stock runs out and they have to find another “old man in a wooden shed”.

Administrator

Anyone got an update on the brackets and what is happening?

EGLK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message