Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

did you have a chance to play with Avidyne’s 10.3.2 ? Does it play nicely with the ADL hardware ?

That is a good question. Unfortunately I do not own an IFD device so some customers will have to do the testing on their planes…

Avidyne previously supported fpl and wx xfer via cabling but not tfc, AFAIK. If so, that would be an additional capability using the wifi connection.

The IFD and EX5000 can receive weather and traffic via RS232 GDL90 protocol. But according to my tests (a while ago on a Cirrus) it would not display RS232 supplied traffic if another traffic source like an active TAS600 or similar was connected. It would not merge the traffic from multiple sources.

My expectation is that now using WiFi it will do exactly the same as before when receiving the same GDL90 formated data just that it comes in via WiFi instead of RS232 cable. So no more avionics work would be required and also portable ADL devices can be used to supply the data instead of installed ones only as before.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian_G wrote:

It would not merge the traffic from multiple sources.

@Sebastian_G, I have a Stormscope WX500 as well as the ADL200. At the moment, I don’t have the ADL200 wired to the IFD so I just get the WX500 strikes att. I would assume that if the ADL is connected (either wired or wireless), the IFD will still display strikes from only one source. Doing otherwise would probably cause confusion and misinterpretation. do you have any experience with a WX500/ADL mix on the IFD?

LSZK, Switzerland

Spain wx radar has recently stopped being displayed on my ADL app.

Are others experiencing this?

@Sebastian_G has there been a change in coverage?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Antonio wrote:

Are others experiencing this?

Same with me. I didn’t notice it until this morning when checking my route to Jerez for next week. It used to happen from time to time with southern Italy and Sebastian was able to fix it quickly. I always contact him directly via e-mail and report the problem.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Antonio wrote:

Just got that one fixed. Happy flying in Spain!

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Thx!

It is indeed working now.

What is the cause for these occasional losses of coverage?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

What is the cause for these occasional losses of coverage?

I believe changes on data provider side. I guess it’s either format or source itself.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Any known outages today?
I managed to download wx a couple of times on our flight today LESB-LIDT but subsequent tries resulted in a steady “uploading weather request message” and an inability to download wx. Resetting the ADL and the iPad app resulted in the same situation.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

No issues for me.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Am getting some questions from customers to integrate adl to new Garmin GTN’s or G3X. Any chance for this?

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark
Sign in to add your message