Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Latest on 8.33 requirements (merged)

Please note that as of AIRAC1410, 18th of September 2014, 8.33 kHZ mandatory carriage will be checked by IFPS in Germany from FL095 until FL195 in addition to the current checking from FL195.

IFPS compliance is ensured in the following cases:

Aircraft is equipped: insert Y in field 10a of the flight plan message.

Non-equipped aircraft operating a STATE flight (customs, military, police) and UHF equipped: insert U (UHF) and Z in field 10a and COM/EXM833 in field 18 of the flight plan message.

Non-equipped aircraft with STS/HOSP or STS/SAR.

Please refer to German AIC IFR 07, 21 AUG 2014

Got this message from a Eurocontrol source I am registered in.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Wel indeed this makes it solid. Flying IFR without 8.33khz is soon a thing of the past…anyway when X Germany.it is now..;-)
France still have a derogation for a while ..Reading this I made a good decision to upgrade my NAV/COM 2 to a GNC255A 5 months ago…

Last Edited by Vref at 15 Sep 11:58
EBST

I’m asking: what sense does it make to enforce something only partially (not below FL95), which is legally required anyway?? Another of those quirky concessions to the FTO industry?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’m asking: what sense does it make to enforce something only partially (not below FL95), which is legally required anyway?? Another of those quirky concessions to the FTO industry?

I agree. Either make it a rule and enforce or don’t make the rule. This sort of selective rule enforcement creates uncertainty and risk. Private owners tend to get the worst of both options.

EGTK Oxford

Next cycle hungary will follow

LSZK, Switzerland

I’m getting mixed messages from what info I can gather on the net and Garmin’s site offers no info at all.
The question is, how can I tell if the 430W I’ve got sitting under my desk is 8.33 compatible?
Stick

Forever learning
EGTB

FWIK all 430/530 and the WAAS 430/530 are 8.33 capable.
Just reading under Link
the following

760 channel VHF comm with 25khz spacing; software configurable for 2280 channels
(8.33 kHz spacing) for Europe

Last Edited by nobbi at 12 Oct 15:17
EDxx, Germany

That was quick, thanks!

Forever learning
EGTB

FYI, “software configurable” does not mean you need to connect anything – just turn it on while holding the ENT button down, and you are presented with a set of configuration menus, where on the COM SETUP page you can choose between 8.33 and 25 kHz spacing. You can even do it in flight.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 12 Oct 18:05
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

You can even setup it up in the normal menu’s. Go the AUX group with the large LH knob, then select SETUP with the small right knob, here you can change COM settings quickly for 25 kHz to 8,33 kHz and back…

JP-Avionics
EHMZ
Sign in to add your message