Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Restoring an RV6

In any case, we are all looking forward to the comprehensive report, with all the pros and cons, all weight/CG, and all flight test results in before-after comparative charts, which will no doubt be published here on EuroGA by @IO390 following not only his FP → CSP move, but the rest of the implemented mods

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

The RV-8 isRV14 wrote:

The point I’m trying to make is trivial: there are trade offs to every configuration. Good idea to point them out

Yes, there are tradeoffs with a constant speed prop. My Hartzell is awesome, but it is heavier and more expensive to purchase and maintain than a FP. I doubt there are many on this forum that have not seen this debate played out 100s of times on the internet. 🤣

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Next up we’ll discuss tipper Vs slider canopies.

United Kingdom

That’s easy. Slider every time🙂. I get fed up of drying out the interior of the DA40 when it chucks it down, just as we are getting out.
Also slider does not have the same risk in high wind and you can taxi with it slightly open on very hot days.

France

Slider, nothing else. But, always with supertracks (https://flyboyaccessories.com/)

45 Posts
Sign in to add your message