Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for a UK airworthiness review engineer on a short notice

10 Posts

Hi colleagues, I found myself in urgent need of airworthiness review for a G-reg Grumman Tiger. The said Tiger is based here in Prague and the ARC is long expired, but – the cobbler’s children are the worst shod – it’s only now that I finally have time to work on it. Unfortunately, my privilege to work on G-reg as a holder of an EASA maintenance license expires at the end of this year, so I can still perform an annual but not much more. Unfortunately, my ARC engineer died and his CAMO is no longer active, and now I’ll need to change from British to Czech registration. So, on a very short notice, I am looking for a UK ARC engineer who could help me procure an export certificate of airworthiness. Anyone among us? Or anyone you can recommend?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

So, on a very short notice, I am looking for a UK ARC engineer who could help me procure an export certificate of airworthiness.

You have already concluded that you need a UK ARC engineer?

https://www.caa.co.uk/commercial-industry/aircraft/airworthiness/certificates-and-permits/certificates-of-airworthiness/exporting-a-uk-registered-aircraft/

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

You have already concluded that you need a UK ARC engineer?

Yes, to issue a compliance report and recommendation.

https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1764Issue3.pdf

Last Edited by Snoopy at 14 Dec 09:45
always learning
LO__, Austria

Yes, but this form implies the presence of a valid ARC.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 14 Dec 09:48

Got it. Hopefully some of the UK locals here know someone.

always learning
LO__, Austria

@wigglyamp might be able suggest someone

EGTR

@A_and_C is in a business that could probably assist. Alternatively Ben Faulkner at Aerofab in the UK also holds the required approval and might be able to help.

Last Edited by wigglyamp at 15 Dec 20:36
Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

If you are stuck PM me and I will give you a few suggestions.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I would like to help but I am fully committed until late January 2023

10 Posts
Sign in to add your message