Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Help identifying pressure transducer

I just got hands on a unserviceable pressure transducer used in conjunction with EI CGR or MVP instruments either as cabin pressure or manifold pressure sensor.
It is supposed to produce a linear output in the range of 0 mV at zero pressure to 37,5 mV at 30 inch mercury (roughly 100 kPa) at 5 VDC input. Did not have the opportunity to use my multimeter to do actual measurements but would be nice to know what pressure sensor this is based on. Any ideas?

Last Edited by slowflyer at 17 May 08:33
EDAQ, Germany

There may be markings on the topside of that black moulding.

There is a zillion of these transducers; they are used in cars for ECU input, in autopilots for altitude hold, in altitude encoders, etc.

And they come in many different ranges, in the same package.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That’s what I expected. A quick search showed an incredible amount of possibilities for a transducer. I wanted to find out without having to use my soldering iron but it looks like there will be no way without dismantling the circuit. So far nothing fancy apart from several SMD resistors.

EDAQ, Germany

How can you remove the transducer off the PCB?

It may be glued.

How many pins does it have? You may have to melt the solder on all of them concurrently.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s soldered on with four pins AFAIK.
I do have a very nice desoldering gun with high power and an electric suction pump. I was even able to remove a relay from a circuit board once after having tried with a soldering iron before without success.

EDAQ, Germany
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message