Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to? Jeppesen Skybound

The Jeppesen discount for AOPA members is still 15%, according to this.

I wouldn’t mind 25% though.

Last Edited by ErlendV at 05 Aug 12:02
FI, ATPL TKI and aviation writer
ENKJ, ENRK, Norway

Membership in US AOPA does NOT get you a discount when dealing with Jeppesen in the EU. Has to be oneof the EU AOPAs.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Doesn’t have to be USA AOPA, I’m not even sure it can be US AOPA. At least any European AOPA will do, beyond that I’m not sure. The deal was brokered by the German AOPA FWIIW.

ELLX

US AOPA or any local AOPA will do?

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

My understanding is not that they “forget”, but that it is not applied automatically, period. You need to have a human intervene, and show that you are still and AOPA member.

ELLX

CardinalRG wrote:

Jepp will give 25% AOPA discount, but you have to ask for it and sometimes they will „forget“.

Is it 25% now? Great! It was 15% when I last renewed (in June, I think). But you’re right that they (almost always IME) “forget” on renewal.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Jepp will give 25% AOPA discount, but you have to ask for it and sometimes they will „forget“. If you look for nav data only its still the most cost effective way. Once you have your account, you can download via JDM. I do it on IPAD with the bad elf wombat for the data transfer.

boscomantico wrote:

That is one of the Qs where I am looking for imput. Chosing between Garmin and Jeppesen sounds like chosing between a rock and a hard place. Any pros or cons?

At least for the “International!” nav data coverage, Garmin is more expensive than Jeppesen (≈€600 vs, ≈€500, in both cases exclusive of VAT). On the other hand we all know what Jeppesen’s customer service is like.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The downloads are tied to the SystemID of the avionics configured in the account. How they know that several units you configure as part of one plane are not installed in several planes? Probably they don’t know. Theoretically, I think the installer tells Garmin the registration of the plane it is going to be installed in when ordering them new, but

• I doubt they cross-check that against subscriptions as a matter of routine
  • This does not allow them to track units that are pulled out and resold second hand

If anything, they might check that a single plane is not configured with “too much” avionics. Like more than three GPS units, more than two “main” PFDs and two backup units, that kind of things?

Last Edited by lionel at 28 Nov 15:29
ELLX

Thanks. Piece of cake.

How do Garmin and Jepp stop users from using one subscription to update the device(s) on two aircraft?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message