Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LED landing light issue

ohh you’d not believe how much work it is the swap the lights. I have to remove my tip tanks to access the wingtip landing light..
but yeah looks like that’s the only way

Switzerland

Swop landing light from left to right wing. If the problem changes to the right wing you know the LED unit is U/S. If it doesn’t, then you’ve got other problems

Near Luton

If this can be reproduced on the ground, I’d put a voltmeter on the back of the lamp.

The lamps contain a simple switch-mode power supply.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

yeah i was wondering if it is a wire or cable issue but the light turns on at some point. so it gets voltage.
I tend to think the lamp itself is dying. I will swap with the left side and see.

Switzerland

It’s likely the light’s power supply (which will be in the landing light’s housing) is failing. Unfortunately, I doubt there is a legal way of repairing it. It might be something as simple as a bad solder joint in the power supply.

Andreas IOM

I think I just bought two spare replacement incandescent landing lights for $8 each.

hey everyone!
So I got two teledyne alphabeam LED landing lights on each wing tip.
Lately the right wing tip light has started acting weird. When I toggle the switch to ON, the light starts to flicker and fully light up maybe at least 5 seconds or so later. Sometimes it does not even turn on until I toggle it a few times ON/OFF.
I doubt it is wiring or the switch.. but I am begining to suspect the LED light is failing. What you do you all think?
Baris

Switzerland
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message