Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to order Redline Sidewinder Power Driver in Europe? (shipping hazardous goods from the US)

EBST, Belgium

las aero will accept aircraft spruce part codes. May be worth seeing if it works.

The little tracked remote control tug is fantastic but not cheap.

I know it’s annoying to get answers discouraging you from buying something when you’re just looking on info on where to buy it… But this thing is a piece of junk IMHO.
1. It’s very very and awkward to attach
2. It’s slow and you have to support it the whole time because the tool/mechanics are at the end you hold.
3. It uses a friction wheel on the tire and will rub away tire material when it slips, which it does often.

Sweden

got reply from Redline:

Hi,
We do not have an issue with the battery shipment if the battery is shipped with the unit(not sure why). If you would like to go through with your order, please respond with your card information and then your shipping and billing information in two separate emails for security reasons. We are currently 2-3 weeks out on new orders.
Thanks,
Connor Kastan
Redline Aviation
818-651-497

@ Lionel: sent you PM yesterday; if you like to proceed with selling it privately please let me know in short notice. Thx.

Additionally to the points made by other people in this thread, which I share (need to support, rubs away tire material when it slips, …), I found that the attachment just a bit too small for my nose gear leg… The theory is that mine is a bit wider than standard <shrug>.

Here are pictures of the battery.

ELLX

There’s at least one phone-controlled battery-powered device which fits onto a caravan wheel and moves/steers it. I’ve watched a guy manoeuvre a large caravan uphill into a site position.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

@Maoraigh you are certainly right about this to move large caravans and IMO they are much better than the product discussed here. You can buy them direct from many places which sell caravans or trailers.
However for a twin I found it much better to have a similar thing but with a lazy Susan on the front.
With the brakes off on the aircraft you push the tug under the nose wheel, having first lowered plate at the front of the tug. It rolls under easily with no force. Now you pull a lever on the tug which secures the nosewheel/aircraft onto tje lazy Susan. You now have full control of the aircraft without any force on the nose wheel.
It means you can manoeuvre the aircraft in a crowded hangar with much greater ease.

France

Hi,

I will order a Sidewinder at short notice. Are there other interested parties? Maybe we can negotiate a discount with the manufacturer.

Take care.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Connor’s dad was the guy behind Redline bicycles (and racing motorcycle frames), started in the early days of motocross and BMX, and you can see the commonality in construction. A few years ago when they first came up with the design they were quite active trying all kinds of planes. Like all machines, I’m sure it has its benefits and limitations.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 27 Dec 15:49

@TB_flyer
did you get your Sidewinder and how satisfied are you with the device?

EDWF, Germany
Sign in to add your message