Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lightspeed Zulu 3 arrived today - Not happy

$ 19.95 (plus tax), here: https://www.pilotshop.com/catalog/avpages/bosexaccess7.php

I normally buy my gear at the pilot shop at KSMO (keep your local shops alive !!!), so perhaps paid a little more, but that’s the ballpark. Nice markup your Swedish shop has!

Thanks, good to compare!

And even better to know that it makes a real difference!

Last Edited by martin-esmi at 10 May 19:30

Has anyone upgraded a lightspeed Zulu 2 to the Zulu 3 using the $300 factory offer?

https://www.lightspeedaviation.com/programs/zulu2-to-zulu3-conversion/

I have two sets of Zulu 2 both equally shagged with ear seals and cords falling apart. Just wondering if it’s worthwhile, or anyone here had done it.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I did that.

I like the new braided cable, and you get new electronics, soft pads, and three more years of warranty.

I’ve had none of the issues mentioned in the thread after the upgrade. I didn’t have any before the upgrade either.

ESME, ESMS

@WilliamF, my Zulu 2s ear seals and cord strain relief were coming apart, and I considered dong the upgrade. I decided against it as the cord strain reliefs are still doing their job just fine, despite visible degradation. Instead I bought a couple of sets of ear seals and I’m good to go for another few years. These are still the best performing noise cancelling headsets I’ve tried, particularly so in a very loud environment.

While headsets had my attention I also bought a Clarity Aloft Flex, just to try it. I wear ear plugs 100% of the time when riding a motorcycle so the in-ear design is not a huge leap for me and I like the idea of a lightweight, passive headset. I flew with it the other day and while it’s a bit of a procedure to put it on, it works well for noise reduction and has very good sound quality. At $775 it’s overpriced (it’s surely not very expensive to produce) but regardless I’ll probably use it as my primary headset and keep an extra Zulu on board too in case my ears get irritated by the speaker/plugs of the Flex during a multi stop flight.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 04 Sep 15:31
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message