Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Kitesurfing / windsurfing spots

Patrick, nice find, kite rental 2.5 km from airfield, thanks!

LPFR, Poland

Neujellingsdorf airfield on Fehmarn island would spring to mind… Also one of the very few privately run airfields in Germany and, according to the owner, Germany’s smallest (not: shortest) airfield.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Beach near Calais airport is nice for sand/water surfing, never tried but saw many “char a voile” and wave surfers while on downwind

With your geographic constraints, you better have a warm swiming suite !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thisted, EGTS is about 2 miles from Klitmoller. I don’t surf, but it is suppose to be the place to go in Northern Europe

EGTR

Within walking distance is quite limiting, otherwise Shoreham beach is pretty good

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s not walking distance a maybe little bit far but GMMH Dakhla is always full offend surfers !

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

There’s some spots near Southend EGMC

Are there any wind or kitesurfers on the forum? Own plane seems ideal for this. Check where there is good wind, pack up and go. Even for a day.

Could you recommend spots in the Baltic or North Sea? Perfect place would be one that has a wide beach within walking distance of the airfield and is exposed to wind.

Places I’ve been to are:
- Jastarnia (EPJA). Walking distance to both north (waves) and south (flat) beaches.
- Bornholm (EKRN). Need a car/taxi and go to get to the beach.
- Heringsdorf (EDAH). Didn’t kite surf myself, but one could go to Świnoujście by car. There’s a wide beach.

Places I’m considering: Sylt (EDXW), Wangerooge (EDWG), Texel (EHTX).

I’m not mentioning Italy, Greece, Spain, etc. They’re too far from me for a day trip.

Last Edited by loco at 13 Sep 15:30
LPFR, Poland
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message