Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Keeping documents accessible online, from anywhere

@Joe-fbs wrote:

If I recall correctly, ICAO sets no noise limits for piston aeroplanes

It does, see chapters 3, 5, 6 and 10 of Annex 16, depending on the year of first certification and MTOW.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 15 Jul 18:27
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Peter wrote:

is that if you end up somewhere where they do want paper docs

That is assuming that they do know what they want to see, there were 2 total plonkers (Dounnes) at Calais LFAC earlier this week who did not have a clue about anything.
They spent 15 minutes staring at a computer screen trying to check the passports and then asked for the aircraft documents, after studying these for a further 15 mins they concluded that it was totally impossible for a person from the UK to own a N reg aircraft as UK citizens only fly G reg aircraft, and why were we trying to take this aircraft when its owned by an American ?

Try talking your way out of that one!

I use Tresorit and put all my private, business, flying data in there (including banking). It’s a bit more expensive but at least more secure than other cloud storage providers. I know people who encrypt the stuff before sending it into a ‘less secure cloud storage’ (with dropbox, google drive, one drive, etc), but it can be a hassle if you want to access the data on any mobile devices. For passwords and creditcard stuff I use a password manager. Photo’s I store in a less secure (cheaper) cloud service which makes sharing a bit easier with friends and family.

Tresorit is client side encrypted, so even if “the world” has my data, its just a bunch of 0110010111 which contains no useful information to them.

I believe its way easier for a hacker (or someone who really wants your data for whatever reason) to physically steal your laptop and access your data.

Bushpilot C208/C182
FMMI/EHRD, Madagascar

It says noise certificate if applicable. If I recall correctly, ICAO sets no noise limits for piston aeroplanes (it’s more than two years since I studied this so my phrasing may be slightly inaccurate). Neither does EASA. FAA does in FAR 36 so for example when I was working on a type Certificate for a CS-23 / FAR 23 aircraft we planned a noise test to satisfy the FAA, EASA was not interested. So if a design had only an EASA TC it need not have a noise certificate. Actually the other reason we wanted a noise certificate was for operational use in Germany and Switzerland. I haven’t researched what happens to those local rules under EASA (those items might be either derogated or outside EASA).

Having said all that EASA publishes a large spreadsheet of small aeroplane noise information. Link at th bottom of the page linked here:

https://www.easa.europa.eu/document-library/noise-type-certificates-approved-noise-levels

Last Edited by Joe-fbs at 15 Jul 13:09
strip near EGGW

@JasonC
For five or six years now I have a business account with Dropbox, also because I have three offices in two countries, and I have all my work in there, all my passports and travel data, all flight briefings, manuals … about 15 GB of data (of 100) … I have little data on the individual Macs but I have the Db app on my iPhone and both iPads … and it’s the most relaxed way to handle my data. Since i’m in the car or on airports a lot, I can work on everything from everywhere, and I enjoy that a lot. The only thing I do NOT put into the Dropbox have have in encrypted folders on my iPhone/iPad is all my credit card data and my online banking.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 15 Jul 14:04

@chflyer I have made my own. Can send you a template if you msg me. Never had a problem anywhere in Europe.

I use Google drive and only carry copies of VAT and Noise certificates. When asked I email them.

EGTK Oxford

Have a look at the past threads. There really is good info there. Also check your email – a lot of my email goes into spam

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Anything would be better than nothing. Would you consider sharing? What data did you use? FAA AC36-1H App 7?

LSZK, Switzerland

I would suggest a search on

noise certificate

For N-reg you can generate your own but there is some disagreement over whether certain noise certificate inspectors in Germany or Switzerland are happy with that I know mine has been presented to one particularly difficult noise certificate inspector (that’s got to be a great party chat-up line!) and he didn’t comment on it…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What do N-reg operators in this forum do regarding the noise certificate? The FAA doesn’t issue noise certificates and the info is only what is in the type certificate. As far as I know, this is not accepted in EASA-land.

Worst case I’ve encountered operationally due to this is a higher fee to due default noise class A without certificate. Most of the time, the aerodrome uses the EASA classification for my type as if it were on an EASA-reg. But I’m always a bit uneasy that this could come back to bite. For example, some airfields request submission of the noise certificate pre-arrival and I don’t have an answer for that att.

LSZK, Switzerland
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message