Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

KAP140 disconnect beep volume

I am slowly going deaf from the function test + disconnecting BEEEEEEEEEPPPPPP of the KAP140 in the G1000. Is there any way to reduce this volume slightly? I can’t find the KAP140 maintenance manual and the G1000 mm doesn’t mention it.

Sweden

AIUI it is an STC requirement that this is not configurable.

It is extremely loud – deafening – and a resistor in series with the loudspeaker would do the job

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Cttime wrote:

I am slowly going deaf from the function test + disconnecting BEEEEEEEEEPPPPPP of the KAP140 in the G1000. Is there any way to reduce this volume slightly? I can’t find the KAP140 maintenance manual and the G1000 mm doesn’t mention it.

Your pain is my pain, too… The IM explains how to change the volume. If you give me your e-mail address (in a private message) I can send it to you.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I have one here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you both. I had a look at the manual and it seems you need special equipment to lower it.

Last Edited by Cttime at 07 Oct 17:42
Sweden

Cttime wrote:

Thank you both. I had a look at the manual and it seems you need special equipment to lower it.

If by “special equipment” you mean a serial communications cable to hook up the A/P to a computer, then yes. I have one. You can borrow it if you want. (I just need to find it – I haven’t used it for some years. Last time was when I was troubleshooting a KAP140.)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I guess I should have said antique equipment instead I won’t be changing it. Unfortunately, I’ll have to go through the correct channels (which will be a dead end).

Sweden
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message