Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

KAP 140 AP pitch trim failure in turbulence

I also have KAP140 (in DA42) and I used to have problems with it – I wrote about the issues here and at diamondaviators.net. After servicing pitch trim servo everything works flawlesly both in smooth and turbulent air.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

As lenthamen my plane also has a KAP 140 AP. In smooth air the AP works really fine. But in turbulence there are some issues. On departure from Carcassonne I experianced some moderate turbulance only a short time which caused the KAP 140 to raise the nose of the aircraft to a steadily pitch up position, this in IMC. The vertical speed was reduced from 600 ft to 100 ft immediately which was noticed by the controller: “Confirm climbing FL 100”. I resolved the problem by AP disconnect. The AP did not disconnect itself. No error/ pitch trim failure had to be seen on the display. On top I engaged the AP again and everything worked perfect. And I had this problem again in turbulence which is quite disappointing. Any ideas to improve the KAP 140 ? There are some SB`s but I do not know if they would help in this matter. Any tips are appreciated.

Berlin, Germany
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message