Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Is there too much elitism in GA?

LeSving wrote:

This is how it should be, and this IS how 90% of GA is today. Flying around, visiting other fields and having a great time. Nobody cares if you come in an old corroded wreck of a rented Cessna, or a microlight in all it’s incarnations, or a TBM. The important thing is to be “there”, to get your selfie on Facebook so to speak

I agree with this.

EGTK Oxford

LeSving wrote:

or a TBM

People will be quite interested when you show up in a TBM

LeSving wrote:

Quote just because communism didn’t work in Russia or USSR, doesn’t really mean anything

There is one very fine and pure version of Communism that works very well, peacefully and unthreateningly; that is on the traditional kibbutz in Israel. Everyone earns what they can, and is given what they need. It depends on people sharing an ideal and getting their rewards from the society around them rather than from individual possessions and wealth.

Cuba has also worked reasonably well.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Cuba has also worked reasonably well.

Well, that one could start a longer discussion ;-)

Yes, Cuba is debatable and the main question will be “worked for whom?” but there seems little doubt that it has largely worked for the many hopeless poor, at the expense of the few wealthy. It probably would have worked much better but for superpower intervention.

Kibbutzim are a more worthy example that it can work.

EGKB Biggin Hill

I must say I am suprised how a simple side comment by me on a thread about grass runways turned into a full blown debate on communism/capitalism

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

To do this properly we should have the next fly-in to Cuba

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
77 Posts
Sign in to add your message