Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How Do You Find the Resources for Flying

How do we find the dosh?

Well, it’s quite straightforward. Some generous Turkish guest-workers pay money to Bavarian tax-collectors who pass it to a lady from the ex-commie part of Germany who gives it to the European Union which passes some of it to Chancellor Hammond. His job is spreading other people’s money around, so he bundles it into a sporran with some cash that he’s picked out of the pockets of an electronics company director in Sussex and lobs it over Hadrian’s wall. All money north of the border belongs to Derek Mackay (peace and blessings), whose job it is to make it disappear without trace. There’s only so much Uncle Dec can get rid of by “investing” in Icelandic banks and kindergarten gender-reassignment counselling initiatives, so he sloshes the rest around the Scottish countryside so that poor farmers can keep European Union sheep where nothing else will grow and buy comfy cars made by generous Turkish guest-workers in Bavaria who pay money…

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Never in the history of EuroGA has so much truth been written by so few, to be appreciated by so many.

Sorry Winston, could not resist…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Ok, so I will let on as no one else is going to. The secret is that when your examiner realises you are good enough and have reached the extra special level of flying, standard required he gives you a special koken for which you take to Peter at euroga.org.

This is admission token to euroga.org gold edition for which all pilots who are worthy are then entitled to join for an annual subscription. Peter gives you his bank details for that subscription payment.

Then when you are in, all the knowledge about getting the money will freely flow.

I dont think this is a public forum, so I hope that is ok Peter.

I am on a trip so I am not reading this

Administrator

In my experience working hard, having high expectations and believing you can get there and a bit of luck are most important to success. Then it is entirely about prioritising your life to find the time.

EGTK Oxford

Maybe it is a bit of hard working and a bit of high expectations and believing plus a lot of luck?

achimha wrote:

Maybe it is a bit of hard working and a bit of high expectations and believing plus a lot of luck?

Yep you could be right.

EGTK Oxford

Lots and lots of luck, followed by prioritizing your time, and of course a bit of hard work now and then!

Tököl LHTL

Just paying my usual pile of aviation related bills this morning, I had a thought: if I was not paying all this, it means I am not flying, and that would be bloody miserable

Not sure about “high expectations” BTW. That tends to lead to ME and/or chronic depression It is better to have realistic expectations and achieve them. Personally, I have never wanted anything in my life which I could not easily get (well, except some completely out of reach lookers when I was about 15 ). This is a really obvious key factor in getting a satisfactory solution to flying: you have to do it at a level which you can easily afford, and it has to be viable in the long run, out of your own resources. I see too many people struggle to stay in this hobby which is not exactly cheap… OTOH if you can get more out of it, that will support a higher level of expenditure for a given level of happiness

Administrator
69 Posts
Sign in to add your message