Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Help needed to find Route LFBI - EGNX

This is pure ‘VOR Airways’: you tick discourage DCT and pick 2nd option and restrict FL100+/-2kft

N0145F100 OMARI5T OMARI B19 AMB A34 BENAR H20 OLMES H20 DPE R50 ABB T22 RATUK L613 SANDY N57 WELIN HEMEL1E

Long detour via Dover, in practice I would expect less than that:
- Get direct LGL straight away but stay away from Paris TMA via LGL-DPE
- Fly straight from DPE to DET, not the brightest idea in single engines but ok in twin
- Get vectored away from LAM toward Southend/Stansted (LTC may give FL100 over London, likely in twin?)

Last Edited by Ibra at 03 Aug 08:21
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Hi Ibra
Thanks, I always prefer to file and fly airways but I’m unable to find an airway route back.

Thanks for the link @arj1

France

I think you can penetrate LFP81 under IFR but maybe worth double checking if it’s only when landing or going missed from Cherbourg?

At +FL115, you will be in Delta: ATC is in charge anyway whatever in FPL
At FL100, you are likely in Golf: PIC is in charge of PA, RA, DA and NOTAMS

For easy flying bellow FL120 (General Delta) better stick to published Airways (Echo) and tick “discourage DCT”, having a Eurocontrol valid flight plan in full of OCAS directs still put some burden on PIC to avoid zones, usually, ATC (FIS in Golf) will sort you out but they may forget, it happens sometimes

Last Edited by Ibra at 02 Aug 20:53
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thank you arg1 this route does validate at FL100 although it does go through p81 at Cherbourg (ground to FL190) ?

gallois wrote:

I would be interested to know what that paragraph in red actually means.
Is it that there are too many changes in altitude and/or speed starting around LGL?

Alittude changes – https://www.eurocontrol.int/publication/yo-yo-and-sharp-turn-angle-guidelines

EGTR

Rob wrote:

No it just uses previous routes, but all the routes LFBI EGNX in EuroFPL won’t validate now.?
I’m just unable to find a IFR route back.

That is normal – Eurcontrol changes the rules very frequently, you could find a route that validates now, but stops the next week, so you have to find a new one. Which stops validating fairly quickly afterwards! :)
Plus certain active areas block you as well…

Another route is “GINON J55 LUTIL DCT AS DCT SABLE V20 NAMAR DCT BULOX DCT SENLO DCT RAVIG DCT ORTAC Q41 SILVA DCT DTY”, which 13%+.

EGTR

I would be interested to know what that paragraph in red actually means.
Is it that there are too many changes in altitude and/or speed starting around LGL?

France

No it just uses previous routes, but all the routes LFBI EGNX in EuroFPL won’t validate now.?
I’m just unable to find a IFR route back.

Does EuroFPL do autorouting now? For all the years it didn’t do that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message