Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hello from Italy!

@snoopy

Caorle appreciate a heads up before, in practice it might be ok to just call them on the radio.
Dont forget to close your flightplan yourself by phone after landing.

Have started w/o tower/radio in Lido/Nicelli – they do request a PPR acc. to their website. Quick email will do.

EDM_, Germany

@freddie

Thanks for the invite to LILB ! Your area seems very nice !
Could you tell us more about LILB ?
AIP says 600m and no fuel, which is not the most welcoming for me :(
Is there any restaurant or ground transportation at he airfield ?
Does the runway have any slope (it helps a lot my old Cessna ) ?

LFOU, France

600 meters with a very smooth slope. I don’t know your plane so I cannot say that’s ok!
Fuel can be available on request. We have a private deposit for glider towing. I can arrange it for you.
Restaurant is nearby and for transportation I can assist you. Maybe a rental car for some days or my for lunch!
LILB is a gliding dedicate airport, so we have to consider glider booking for final. Watch out! English is spoken!

LILB, Italy

Thank you for your answer Freddie.
I meant 600m is quite short for my Cessna fully loaded in a warm day, but a little downslope gives some margin
I guess I will take fuel at Thiene on the way. I wouldn’t want to empty your fuel tank.
I would love to visit the town of Como and see the lake. If you drive us there, we would buy you lunch

LFOU, France

Juju,

be warned. LILB is definitely a bit challeging and short for a loaded C172 in summer.
This pic will give you an idea:

The most southerly bit of the runway slopes down noticeably and the threshold is surrounded by terrain and woods. It’s great that Freddie promises to make it possible for us to land there, but it’s marginal for most conventional touring aircraft.
Last Edited by boscomantico at 06 Jan 17:38
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@Freddie,
There haven‘t been any messages here since 2019 but I thought it a good place to ask you a question since you fly regularly from Italy to Greece.

We all know that all flights into Greece (even from Schengen, of which Greece is part) need to make a first landing at a Greek AoE with immigration & customs. But what is the situation on the Italian side? According to the Italy AIP (Gen 1.2) one can fly to/from any airfield in Italy to any other EU country… to say nothing about Schengen.

Can one fly to/from any airfield in Italy (E.g Corte LINB or Fano LIDF) to Ioannina LGIO?

Last Edited by chflyer at 21 Aug 20:14
LSZK, Switzerland

I don’t have current info but as of several years ago every airport in Italy supported Immigration, anywhere in the EU and definitely the UK (pre-brexit), in most cases on a PN. To some extent like Germany, but in both cases almost nobody knew about either

Previous thread.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You don‘t have to worry about anything. One can use any airfield for that. For example, people use Corte a lot asa last refuelling stop before going to Greece.

Just because Greece does not fully respect the Schengen agreement does not mean that other signatory states are affected.

It‘s the same as the BS about France suspending Schengen. What they did only has effect on French territory. It does not affect other signatory states.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Hi everybody
You are right. I’m not very present in the forum! I’ll try to improve it!
I’m currently in Greece with my Dynaero and yes, you can fly from any strip in Italy with flight plan to Ioannina. Just advise Ioannina about your intention some days before. Prices seems to go down in Ioannina. I paid 30 euro instead of 50 last year. But gasoline is absolutely expensive. But they have it and they are fast in the refueling.
Kerkyra also seem to be more economical: I tried to ask and received a positive answer. But finally I didn’t landed there.
At the moment I am in Kasos LGKS a very small airport but very windy.
Yesterday I arrived from Kastellorizo, LHKJ, a spectacular airport in a spectacular island!
Just remember that now with the German ownership, all the airports need POR. And the big ones are very strictly in this. Yesterday I have been rejected by Karpatos due to this also if in the Notam there is not written about the ppr!

Regards

LILB, Italy

I came here directly from Ozzano near bologna. Direct to Ioannina. No hassle. Just the covid test or vaccination

LILB, Italy
Sign in to add your message