Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Solving General Aviation Problems using Blockchain

I saw this today. Avinoc – Aviation Network Operations Chain.

„AVINOC is a consistent, integrated and permissionless base data layer for decentralized, transparent and worldwide coordination of business flights within the general aviation, to achieve optimal utilization and reduce costs significantly.“

Basically the idea is to use blockchain to move the ga business onto a single platform and cut out the necessity for brokers. At least that’s what I understood.

Website here
https://www.avinoc.com

Alternatively you can get points by referring others (clicking this link counts as me referreing you)
https://www.avinoc.com/r/XYPfMbPACnJA

Are there any other aviaton related blockchain applications you know of?

Interested in your views on this.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Blockchain – have solution, looking for problem

Many of the touted applications of blockchains do not really adress a key problem of the current situation.

It is a distributed manipulation-protected ledger with accetable efficiency issues. If you do not have an identifyable asset and a trust issue related to transactions around that asset, blockchain may not be a solution at all.

Good example of an application: diamond identification ex-mine with blockchain.

Can’t see in this example how it adresses the key problems. Might well be me, and my phantasy… happy to learn.

EDM_, Germany

Do they also mention AI in there somewhere? That’s another 100% bump in their VC valuation…

EGTF, LFTF

I don’t know what they do but they know about getting their name about in the “modern society” and how to collect personal data

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

While I support many blockchain and other distributed ledger technologies (DLT), I think there can’t be a separate coin or, in this case, token for each application/use case. Apart from that, I would never take part in an initial coin offering (ICO) because the outcome is very uncertain. It’s pretty much just throwing money at some random business plan (and also, as an American I could not legally take part).

However, it is interesting to think about DLT in aviation. For small GA, there could be a smart-contract that pays a landing fee and the parking for the night automatically. The fuel payment systems could be improved (remove all credit card terminals and their fees and just use your smartphone with a wallet app). These little things could help reduce the amount of intermediaries and personnel at airfields. But to literally get rid of all fees, I wouldn’t use a Ethereum ERC20 token such as this one (it needs some kind of fee, called gas). I would rather use a feeless system (IOTA/qubic for example).

I hope this AVINOC team will spend their time programming smart-contracts in collaboration with airports and small(!) airfields (as opposed to running away with their ICO money and buying a yacht!).

Last Edited by ArcticChiller at 10 Jun 11:18

Blockchain has been touted as the ‘answer to everything’ in the music biz for several years now, so when the only session even to mention it at this year’s Midem show in Cannes last week was presented on a stage on the beach, several of us felt the need to attend. Unfortunately the guy’s video presentation didn’t work, his ad-lib fill in didn’t refer to blockchain at all and then it rained…

The most expensive stage in the show, on the beach, in sight of the yachts. So near, but so far….

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message