Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autourouter - has anyone tried bringing flight plan forward?

The feature is supposed to check if the new one validated and then cancel the original one and then file the new one.

The last two times I have tried it, over a few days, it emits some error message but actually the original FP is cancelled. You just don’t get the new one filed…

I don’t think there is any way to file a given (previously developed) route using Autorouter (i.e. without it generating the route) so filed it using EuroFPL. I would like the same route, because I have the routepack printed for it, but the router is not likely to generate the exactly the same route again.

Curious! It used to work ok.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I don’t think there is any way to file a given (previously developed) route using Autorouter (i.e. without it generating the route)

You can do this by having Autorouter generate a new route, then edit the route and replace it with your previously developed route.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I had it once where after cancellation the system would not accept the new flightplan with the same plane and same destination. It needed a call to AIS and they resolved it manually. They told me that it might happen that the old canceled plan get stuck or lives a little longer in the system…

I used it many times and it used to work. Maybe it’s somehow dependent on actual ability to validate previously generated route at new EOBT. Was it case with some long route with many directs going through some restricted/congested areas or it was an ordinary/short route?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The original route validates fine, for the new eobt.

Administrator

I have never managed to get this to work. Delay works fine every time.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

It definitely used to work – I was a beta tester for all the features

Clearly it is broken now.

Administrator
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message