Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Our Weather and the Atlantic

I think this is a superb visualisation of just how much our weather in Europe and the UK is influenced by the cyclical movement of systems streaming around the Atlantic.

Last Edited by Fuji_Abound at 16 Nov 22:17

And all the crap eventually ends up in UK and then Scandinavia. Specially south Sweden. The south of Norway looks much better.

Last Edited by Dimme at 17 Nov 15:39
ESME, ESMS

The general trajectory of bad weather might be a reason why the French think everything bad comes from the UK and the Germans think everything bad comes from France

I think it’s a pity that our TV forecasters don’t pay more attention to the Jet Stream in the way that TWC (The Weather Channel) does. I once suggested this to one of the Met Office presenters in a meeting and to my utter amazement that same night on the main news there was a depiction of the Jet Stream explaining what weather was coming! But they didn’t repeat the process, so I guess it was judged to be a bit much for the average viewer.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

@achim: :broad smile!: let’s not argue how a Belgian might look at this matter, though

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

The general trajectory of bad weather might be a reason why the French think everything bad comes from the UK and the Germans think everything bad comes from France

Hmmm – that explains the turnout at EuroGA meet-ups according to where we have them

And all the crap eventually ends up in UK and then Scandinavia. Specially south Sweden. The south of Norway looks much better.

It also explains the property prices in the UK south east

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message