Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How far are you living from your airfield ? (and How long to reach and what means ?)

Peter wrote:

Justine got hers converted and it has lost enough power for her to notice.

Also enough to matter for normal driving?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Not if you put your foot down more and earlier

Re the original topic, I would probably give up flying if I had to drive say 1hr, so I consider myself very fortunate. I also always take up the idiots who slag off Shoreham on the UK burger run sites because it charges more than £10

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

8 minutes from the office, 20 minutes from home.
I stop every day after work at the airfield to check the Cessna.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Around 30km, -/+5 depending on route taken due to traffic; I usually plan for 45m in the car, so close to 1h door to door.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

45km taking 30-35min by car (mostly highway all along).

ESMK, Sweden

15 min by car from home to my main airfield LFNR.
35 min to LFMA, where I rent a certain Petit Cessna

LFNR

Peter wrote:

Justine got hers converted and it has lost enough power for her to notice.

They keep writing to me, this has just convinced my to stay away from the main dealer

1minute walk for me. Took ten years of planning to get to that. Before 2009 it was a 45 minute drive which I hated.

EGNS/Garey Airstrip, Isle of Man

quatrelle wrote:

They keep writing to me, this has just convinced my to stay away from the main dealer

In Germany, the car license gets suspended if you don’t complete the update (for the models where it has been declared mandatory, i.e. all models with cheating software).

My 35min drive makes me not go to the airfield unless I have a specific trip planned or maintenance work to carry out. I virtually never just fly without destination and don’t do A to A trips more than once or twice a year.

1 minute. 200 metres.

After years of living one to two hours to the airport I am living the dream and have my own farm strip in the UK. I fly a LOT more as a result. Can leave my home office desk and be off the blocks in my Piper Cub in 5 minutes. Often just fly for 15 mins just cos I can. There is another home for sale on the strip if anyone wants.

Upper Harford
Glos
UK

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message