Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Portable fuel tank

Peter wrote:

Petrol stations are not IME totally unmanned. You need someone to sort out stuff, deal with confused customers who can’t work the pump, mop up fuel spills, empty the garbage, etc. So if they see somebody doing something they don’t like, somebody will eventually come out and say something.

It may be a difference between practises in different countries. In Sweden we have both totally unmanned stations and “normal” ones with a small store and attendants.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 03 Aug 10:59
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

At EHLE Lelystad we have an unmanned tank station run by Tango – every morning you will see one of the local schools filling a bowser with mogas

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

At a large Tesco filling station, the pump I used did not work. Leaving my car, I took the 20L cans to the nearest vacated pump. It did not work. At pump no. 5, a girl appeared from the building shouting “Excuse me, that’s Unleaded you’re puting in a red can.” She was switching the pumps off as I approached them.
I said it was EASA approved EN228 mogas, and did she want to read the EU regulations? She said “Yes”.
I had downloaded and printed out the EU carriage regs, and had the the CAA booklet which was then applicable.
She quickly gave up the reading, and let me fill the cans.
To save hassle, I painted them green.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message