Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Thank you for making EuroGA a success

AlexTB20 wrote:

If you can read a post in about 20 seconds, it will take you 46 days of your life to read them all. Just saying…

I actually read all new posts. (And I spend much less than 20 seconds on most of them.)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

According to the google audience stats (which is anonymous, btw) about 1500 people read probably every new post, every day, and reading on average 6 pages on each visit. 6 pages is a lot of posts.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

According to the google audience stats (which is anonymous, btw) about 1500 people read probably every new post, every day, and reading on average 6 pages on each visit. 6 pages is a lot of posts.

What I waste of time Don’t tell anybody I’m one of them.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The 250,000 post mark went by un-noticed

Administrator

Peter wrote:

It’s an old thread. EuroGA started around October 2012. It grew rapidly. It’s still growing now though obviously slower. I don’t think it is asymptotic because that would imply there is a ceiling which can never be exceeded We have a long way to go to reach pilots in Europe who are active and who can speak English. But then the % of posters is only a distant clue to who reads the site…

Congratulations Peter. You said above in 2015 that the growth is slowing. But a quick check back through this thread indicates that the last three increments of 50,000 posts have occurred in 17, 18 and 19 months. So the rate of growth is holding up very well.

Last Edited by Buckerfan at 07 Aug 12:04
Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Yes indeed; monthly post counts have been constant for years. Also the “active group”, of say all those who have posted in past 30 days, has been around 200 for years, only dropping to 190 in coronavirus times.

It is new joinups which slow down over time.

Administrator

Very well done Peter.
I now nothing of these things but is the ratio of the ‘active group’ vs total signed up typical? Sounds like a low number. Especially if you narrow down that group to the ‘addicts’ of say 25.
What can be done to increase the active participation of the many silent?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Numbers of different people who have posted in past x days:

Past 30 days: 187
Past 90 days: 286
Past 180 days: 375
Past 365 days: 532
Since the beginning (Oct 2012): 1596

So 1596/4602 have posted.

I think ~200 in past 30 days is actually very good, and much more than a lot of forums have, dominates as most are by a relatively small group.

To keep a forum moving forward is an ongoing task, of course. We do it mostly with the leaflets, which is why it is important to keep leaving these at airports, especially in the nice perspex stand. Right now, it is clear from various indicators that far fewer people are flying (in the “going places” sense) so not many are picking up the leaflets.

Administrator

How do I find when I first joined EuroGA please?

UK, United Kingdom

That’s a very good Q. You probably can’t. I have PMd you the date

It is something which could have been made visible to people looking at their own profiles. It was however a deliberate decision to not show this publicly, because it detracts from the principle that each post stands on its own two feet, and not on the poster having joined 7 years ago or made say 10,000 posts who will not be contradicted by anybody else because the others are too scared to contradict somebody who “must be” such an expert

Administrator
Sign in to add your message