Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

Have been doing a bit of reading around transgender/transsexual issues following some discussions on this thread, and YouTube is now showing me adverts for gender reassignment clinics. Then at supper we were trying to remember toast words like ‘Cheers/Sante etc…’ and when I looked up Skol, the first autocomplete option was ‘Skoliosexual’.

Yes, the ‘+’ in LGBTI+ is expanding it seems.

My daughter signed up as a volunteer for an NGO and was asked to fill in a questionnaire. I now realize that I’m way behind but am learning.

I’m afraid things are getting out of hand. Rather than helping some, prob40 mostly youngsters, who struggle with their gender identity all this may just backlash, no?

Here we go, hold on to your hat:

Last Edited by aart at 05 Sep 06:14
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I now realize that I’m way behind but am learning.

Anyone in EuroGA should tick Maverick

Last Edited by Ibra at 05 Sep 06:58
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Yes, I sometimes have to fill out a computer form with a dropdown menu with literally dozens of options for gender. My gut reactions are that in most situations it’s none of my business, and that if the form designer aims to be anything other than ostentatiously inclusive they would be better leaving a blank text box as they will never think of everything. Met a primary school friend recently who had changed name and gender and to my relief was perfectly reasonable when I inadvertently kept using her old name. ’It’s OK, I know it’s hard’.

This morning YouTube is showing me an advert for an extra-secure private-messaging app that two Middle-Eastern women are using to arrange a date. I can only hope Western society remains broad minded, as the big tech companies have some extraordinary ideas about me.

Last Edited by kwlf at 05 Sep 08:38

The world is going crazy. I have no idea how to answer those questionaires. They are worse than the IR exam or a French tax form and that’s saying something. I blame social media. 🙂

France

Some years ago I did a brief PHP course. One of the assignments was a simple database, where there was a “sex” field, and I wanted to be funny so I put

male
female
have no idea

and the teacher (this was Brighton, where everybody is “right-on”) got most upset

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

French tax form

I recall Deloitte made one WebbApp to crashed before you finish all the possibilities, so you had to stick to major ones

Last Edited by Ibra at 05 Sep 08:18

kwlf wrote:

to my relief was perfectly reasonable when I inadvertently kept using her old name. ’It’s OK, I know it’s hard’.

This is key to everyone getting on.

Don’t take offence when none was intended.

If everyone did that, we’d all get along fine. The trouble starts to happenen when some groups/individuals try to find new angles to get offended by.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

This is key to everyone getting on

Let’s stick to 100 as max number of genders you can’t have an endless number of possibilities to define yourself !

Real programmers will have 255 genders, so it can be stored in a byte. A value of 0 means you really have no idea.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message