Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Netflix Plane Resurrections

In case you have overlooked this series this is a nicely produced documentary series on the warbirds restoration community.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Looked for it yesterday but couldn’t find it on Netflix in Switzerland.

Really a pity that they blocked access through VPNs about a year ago.

It’s a pity that a lot of good stuff is only produced for pay TV these days. With lots of additional restrictions. This is why I do not want to pay for such services, especially because for me the best time to watch this kind of program is when sitting around in hotel rooms (which usually don’t have a good enough internet connection for streaming video anyway) or crew lounges. But with the policy to allow access only from a specific country, the whole topic is rendered useless. I rather save the money for the Netflix subscription for another visit to Duxford flying legends

EDDS - Stuttgart

Watched first episode last night. The skill set of the man to rebuild and then jump in and fly the P51 are beyond belief. Makes repairing my Robin Aiglon project look like a Sat morning job.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Rwy20 wrote:

Looked for it yesterday but couldn’t find it on Netflix in Switzerland.

Can’t find it in Norway either. Too bad.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Seems it can be streamed at Vimeo.com for a few euros an episode.

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

Now I would feel really bad paying for it again, being a subscriber and shareholder to Netflix. Well, the latter might compensate for the loss a bit.

I just checked and ExpressVPN is still working on Netflix.

EGKB Biggin Hill

A couple more: Warbird Workshop on UKTV and Warplane Workshop on Channel 4. I suspect it may be the same production company because some of the people and one of the planes feature in both programmes. It could also be that the warbird restoration community (who also want to be on television) is minuscule.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

@Capitaine my limited experience of warbird restorers suggests that things are generally kept very much under wraps, especially in the Spitfire world.

United Kingdom
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message