Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Which countries allow private strips / operating from your own land, and how hard is it to organise (and airfields for sale)

The goal would be to create a place accessible to the “average” club pilot (nothing negative with “average”, and I include myself in that group). So, PA28s, DR300/400s, etc I suppose. Maybe SR20s, I saw some at a few clubs. (pretty sure it’s too short for a SR20, but maybe I’m wrong).

Last Edited by wleferrand at 06 Nov 13:13

As an young club pilot quite current, my comfort limit is 700m. It is now around 650m since I fly Cessna instead of robins.
Grass runways get slippery when humid too.

There is a house for sale near Rion des Landes in Info pilote too. Definitely more sunny.

LFOU, France

It’s in French but what about http://www.immobestinternational.com/web/ibi/248-un-paradis-haut-perche.php for a pilot resort? Who would come to spend a weekend and maybe visit the area and ride horses?

This castle looks amazing, but I can’t see the airstrip. Do you want to make one ? It’s a good summer camp project :)

LFOU, France

Where exactly is that?

Biggin Hill

The ad says it is 7 NM from the city of Narbonne. Narbonne’s airfield is LFNN.

LFOU, France

@Cobalt sorry for the late reply.

It is this one, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teau_de_Saint-Martin_de_Toques – after someone spent dozens of millions on it. Needless to say the asking price is in the flight levels. No way I can make it work by myself. (A big project could get financing or at least I found some open ears, but I don’t have the street cred). And indeed there is no runway.

Two weeks ago I ran into a very different setup that may work financially. It is North of Limoges, here is the field: here . I went there, it is very isolated & quiet. As a matter of fact an aerobatic team trained there for 3 weeks a few years ago – cows don’t complain.

Here’s my dilemma: this place is ideal – it is centrally located, it has a hard runway and it is fairly priced. But it is really in the middle of nowhere, so the only activities will be onsite – horse riding, maybe a pool, a tennis court, a kitchen, a shooting range, biking, and of course aeronautical fun such as hot air ballon training and aerobatics (and maybe pylon racing, one can dream).

You guys would come visit me in the middle of France? The field is close to LFBJ if you want to get a sense of the distance.

C’est vraiment La France profonde……

@172driver indeed. But it has its charms, it is reachable from all over France & beyond and it’s the only place where land is still ‘affordable’ that I can find.

What does reasonably proced mean?

Biggin Hill
Sign in to add your message