Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The social side of flying

It’s brilliant to fly somewhere nice and to meet up with other pilots. They are people one would have not met in the first place, let alone met up with them from time to time.

Flying non-business, I wonder what else drives people to stay in it – apart from those who like to fly alone (and that does have a good side too).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I like the social side of flying but still mostly fly for work. But then it is me flying myself for a job which has nothing to do with aviation. If I can I like to invite other pilots along particularly those who would like to see IFR flight in the airways. More fun than flying alone.

EGTK Oxford

Can personally say that the flight I had with Jason to Girona and back in the PA46 was fun, informative and a great experience

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

I thought this is right on topic

but actually almost none of the cases are true

Administrator

Peter wrote:

but actually almost none of the cases are true

Only the motorcycle one is :)

This doesn’t add up. I’m #1, #4 and #5, but I come up with the first answer.

Last Edited by NorFlyer at 18 Nov 15:48
Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

What we need is some lady pilots to tell us where we (as a sub-species of homo sapiens) are going wrong

Administrator

Peter wrote:

What we need is some lady pilots to tell us where we (as a sub-species of homo sapiens) are going wrong…

I am not a lady pilot, but all what’s required is a proper uniform:

EDDS - Stuttgart

You’re kinda douche if you fly your Piper Pacer in that outfit

Last Edited by NorFlyer at 18 Nov 16:17
Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

I fly for food the line but I fly for fun in general aviation even though I instruct most of the time. (I am lucky enough to have access to a great plane for training and that helps)

I have to say that some of the most interesting people I have met are those gravitating for fun in general aviation.

They seems to be sociable, somewhat adventurous and all round nice folks. So nice in fact to stick with me even after flying together :-)

Sign in to add your message