Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Introductions and occupations?

It is mostly spammers, trying to flog fake passports, fake English language certificates (IELTS) etc. Old timers here will remember the forum being flooded with these ads, first thing in the morning.

There are various indicators which I obviously won’t talk about The problem was near zero in 2012 (well, we got loads of join-ups from the domestic forums in certain countries, which mostly were and are dominated by groups of bullies, and they joined up hoping they would do the same on EuroGA – only to be disappointed) but it grew over the 10 years to a problem big enough to need to approve each new signup manually.

The new system works very well; the only issue is that – like so much in IT – it is hard to do it when I am travelling and just have a phone handy.

Anyway this system is what generates the welcome email, when a new signup has been approved

The best thing a new member can do is to put some data in their profile. That way they get a much better response to questions, for example, because they appear in context.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

welcome MichaLSA
Is that FAA LSA in Germany? Is that possible?

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

I don’t intend to let the thread meander.

@Capitaine: of course it is possible. Registration of LSA does have its own EASA procedures for over 10 years now. ELA and CS-LSA (published 2011) enable quite a lot of things, though not everything, most annoying, still no aerobatics and VFR day only.

Germany

Why not visit the Hangar Talk forum and introduce yourself?

Ok then !

One of my students advised me recently that this forum is, according to him, the best aviation-related forum one can find on the internet for aerotalks full of courtesy.
And it appears that I know Peter already, at least since 2008 and through pprune :-)

So let’s introduce myself… I am Alexandra, I fly in both EASA and FAA worlds as instructor, and I am now also a UK CAA instructor so I am very interested in improving my knowledge of the CAA regs. I fly on most GA airplanes, piston, multi, and I like to teach on SET Meridians and TBMs.

I am also an FAA as well as an EASA mechanic, and an EASA flight examiner.

Among my fun experiences, I got married in flight in a DC-3. Then I flew that DC-3 as copilot, then as captain, and logged approx 80 hours, which is still low time. This nice story is over as the airplane will soon be sold, but that was great.

And I am in love with my dog.

I think that’s all I can say about myself :-)

Alexandra

Dog is my copilot
LFMV, France

Naaalex wrote:

I fly in both EASA and FAA worlds as instructor, and I am now also a UK CAA instructor so I am very interested in improving my knowledge of the CAA regs. I fly on most GA airplanes, piston, multi, and I like to teach on SET Meridians and TBMs.

I am also an FAA as well as an EASA mechanic, and an EASA flight examiner.

Among my fun experiences, I got married in flight in a DC-3. Then I flew that DC-3 as copilot, then as captain, and logged approx 80 hours, which is still low time.

OMG! That is quite a list of credentials, and a fantastic story
And welcome on board, as they used to say…

Now I was on the verge of asking @Peter if there was, and I missed it, or would be, a page called Introductions, or Introduce yourself, or Tell us who you are, etc.
@Peter, do you read

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Yes there is and I moved these posts to it I was out and away from the forum for a few hours. Unusual, you might say

Hello Alexandra!! I recognised you right away (how could one not … such a famous personality??) but of course I was not going to say anything here

I remember 2008 and your posts there. Actually I thought you were a certain UK pilot (nickname “bose-x”) posting under another name. But you proved your ID in a rather novel way Proon… so many years ago now. It melted down c. 2011 – one of the factors which led to the creation of EuroGA.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Alexandra – hi there! You will probably recognise my user name.

Last Edited by johnh at 06 Aug 14:38
LFMD, France

Time to confess, I published an intro a while ago, alas in the wrong forum…
At the time I became active here, I probably did not use the search tool properly, mea culpa… ok that’s enough

PS
Now I’ll have to read yet another tantalising thread, when will that stop?
For anyone curious enough, and who missed it, my intro is here

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I got married in flight in a DC-3. Then I flew that DC-3 as copilot, then as captain, and logged approx 80 hours, which is still low time.

😲😌
Sounds worthy of an article.

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Johnh of course I recognize you dear ;-)
@Peter So proud you did not forget me ! Happy to find you there.
@Snoopy Quite incredible pictures remain from that incredible experience ;-)

Dog is my copilot
LFMV, France
Sign in to add your message