Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Introductions and occupations?

PPL since 1995, I have 3 ATPs in the family so a lot of flying indoctrination since quite young. Then life got in the way, then wife and young kids got in the way and I finally started flying again seriously and regularly a couple of years ago. Work is emerging markets finance. Currently own a 2010 SR22 and spend my time between OMDB and my hometown LSGG (I leave the shuttling to Emirates for that route although I have thought long and hard about attempting it one day)! Truly enjoy reading the posts and look fwd to participating in a fly-in someday and meeting some of you in person!

LFLP

Hello fellow Pilots.

I want to bump up this Thread to introduce myself to the Community. I am a 23 year old Guy from Austria with a pretty new PPL (about 10h since the exam-flight). I’m flying out of LOIH (Hohenems) with Planes of the Club I’m in, did my Training on DV20’s and now also got checked out on the DR-400 with the Thielert Diesel.

I’m reading the Forums since nearly a year or so, and found a lot of interesting Things here and now I think it’s finally Time to join in.

For a living I am working in the Logistics Department of a Packaging-Producer and a own Aircraft is out of Range as long as the Guys over at the Lottery finally pick the correct Numbers ;)

Hope I can contribute in some way or another :)

Greetings,
Matt

Austria

Welcome Matt!

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Just noticed I never replied to this thread… must be getting old :)

migrated here from “the other side” where my nick had to do with the plane I was flying then. This site has become my first and last look of the day with several in between if I can manage.

In the aviation industry since 86, ground handling/load controller, later dispatcher and for a while operations in a small airline which went bust, then again dispatcher for a large well known Swiss airline which went bust as well… Let’s say,1998- 2001 were interesting years as in loosing an MD11 and seeing the collapse of the airline I worked with sealed by some bozos flying perfectly good airplanes into buildings in the US. Quite by accident transferred into meteorology where I’ve been working as an observer/briefer/instructor since 2002.

Got my PPL in 1983, owned a C150 for a while to get my 200 hrs to do CPL/IR. Did that on the Seneca II/III but failed to get a job as a commercial pilot thereafter, IR unfortunately expired due to excess of 7 years not doing a check. Got close 2 times, once on the said airline which went bust just as I went through flight training (SE210) also getting some (undocumented) TU154 experience out of it, then again 2 years later but it was not to be. Largest plane I ever was licensed to fly in command is the Antonov 2. Shared my aviation interest as a writer for a flight sim mag for 13 years until that one folded as well, got one published book of aviation stories out of it :)

Hung up flying as I had access to industry discount tickets in the late 1990ties and figured it to be a cheaper way of travelling. Came back to flying in 2009 after a slight windfall and bought a lovely old vintage Mooney M20C, which I have since upgraded beyond any reason. Love flying it but have very few time recently due to the unexpected but even more welcome arrival of my daughter last June. Waiting for her to graduate to car seats so I can take her along flying. She is already happy to go to all sorts of places with me so far.

As for flying fora, I started out on Avsig on Compuserve. Unique place, still by todays measure, loads of real characters there, folks like John Deakin, Randy Sohn and lots of others whom I lost contact with in the mean time, but a great place to be. Later stumbled on the “other place” (good because I’d probably not know about this one otherwise) as well as some German and Swiss fora. Active as well in the Swiss ILS forum and association.

I like Euroga as it is a different place than most other fora I visit. Real good comments, a lot of technical knowledge and generally good folks around. Hope to be more active yet again.

As to nicknames: this forum and the “other” forum are actually the only ones I use a nick, mainly because it was “done” this way when I joined and I took my credentials over modified for airplane type. I guess anyone can find my real identity really fast with all the information I provided over the years here or right in this message.

Anyway, Thanks Peter and David for your great work here and hoping to be part of it for many years to come.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I never posted on this one either…been here for a while, got the t-shirt. ( Literally – 2 x XL )

Air ambulance helicopter pilot (EC135 day/night VFR/IFR) for work. Previously military, then airlines. Still look at Pprune once in a while but prefer it here, obviously…

Own a two seat Rotax Czech design and an SSDR WW1 replica. And a set of RV7 preview plans…

United Kingdom

@russel
Cool stuff! The EC135 fleet here (oeamtc flugrettung) is transforming to night flying as well…primarily for patien relocation due to centralizing clinics. I don’t think it is ifr but they use some kind of night vision system.
I got a tour of the local helo last year – still can’t believe the rotor blades are bent instead of turned (flex hub). Wicked!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Hi Everyone,
My name is Cem (pronounced Gem – hence forum name). Peter invited me to join the forum. I am from London and work as a General Practitioner and an AME. I find doing medicals fascinating and really enjoy meeting lots of pilots this way. I have just started to explore the forum. Lots of threads to read through. Thanks for letting me join and I look forward to learning from the community here and hopefully make useful contributions as well.
Thanks

Last Edited by Gem at 14 Jul 19:38
Gem
United Kingdom

Welcome Gem!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Gem wrote:

I am from London and work as a General Practitioner and an AME.

Welcome! My impression is that average age of forum participants is such that we’re more and more interested in medical topics

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I agree.

We’ve had a few AMEs here but they were reluctant to discuss anything actually connected with pilot medicals, which I find curious…

One can certainly get business via EuroGA, via general participation here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message