Welcome to our forums

Photos of your planes

EDAQ, Germany

Cool! Are best tugs good?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Cool! Are best tugs good?

Well, they are named Best Tugs, so I guess they are the best!

I’ve seen them at Oshkosh and they looked good, and the guy that runs the company seems pretty competent. I’ve never seen any complaints about them, except that they are expensive.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Forgot to remove the rudderlock and close the cowl doors for the photo, but anyway….

EDLE

My plane caught taking off from Sywell – when the weather was so much better than now…..

EDL*, Germany

@slowflyer beautiful powerflow exhausted 177RG! Is that 1976? I used to own one for years. Lovely traveler. Mine was 2-blade prop though.

Is that the original paint job or a repaint in period livery? Love it!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

@Antonio yes, I do love it myself. Mine is a 1975 with the 14V system. Incredibly versatile, good combination of speed, payload and lots of legroom for the passengers. I use it as a travel machine on a regular basis. Not quite the speed and capacity as the 210 but for my (present) needs the most capable and economic plane. A turbo would be nice as would be deicing.

Paintjob is still the original one and apart from having to fix it sooner or later I am very reluctant to change this iconic livery as it well reflects the style of the ancient times.

EDAQ, Germany

Paintjob is still the original one and apart from having to fix it sooner or later I am very reluctant to change this iconic livery as it well reflects the style of the ancient times.

“Ancient times” in which they had skilled people designing the paint scheme to complement the lines of the plane. The Cardinal RG is a plane on which badly done swoopy accent paint jobs look really truly and remarkably bad, while the OEM scheme looks great, I agree.

I also can present my 177 Cardinal, it’s one from the first production year, 1968 FG. The engine has been upgraded to a Lycoming O-360 by the first owner, so I don’t feel underpowered. The original paint scheme looks quite OK also today.

Last Edited by DrJanicko at 17 Mar 10:04
EDRK EDWI, Germany

I believe the Cardinal needs one of the original paint schemes because the whole plane looks like it flew in straight from the seventies. Just like a Comanche will always look like like something from the fifties. I know, the design of the Cardinal is from the sixties but fashion always needs 5 years to establish itself. In comparison to its even numbered siblings the 177 has a very stylish look. It has aged very well but it can’t hide its age. Putting a new paint scheme onto it and pretend it is 40 years younger would be like a 65 year old woman wearing a crop top and pretending to be younger than her daughter. Many try but the result is usually just meh.

EDQH, Germany
Sign in to add your message