Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Health / Food / Blood Pressure (merged)

Aint that the truth. I met a Mexican who will be importing Tomatoes to Europe from Mexico! All part of some free trade deal. I asked him how long in transit. His answer 1 month. I was wondering if the plants were to be on deck as in the “Mutiny on the Bounty”.

KHTO, LHTL

The juice has quite a lot of fibre.

Very true about N European veg being low on minerals. Probably 20% of what it was 40 years ago. You just have to eat more of it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

the tasteless stuff they sell in the EU.

Growing your own vegetables should be the answer to that. An excellent way to put that lost corner of the aerodrome to good use.

As a compromise, buy vegetables at a grocer’s (how is that apostrophe again?) in the “poorer quarters, where the ragged people go” i.e. those with Mediterranean roots – they may, surprisingly, be a bit more expensive but the quality is better beyond comparison. I reckon they are trucked in here which must explain the cost.

Last Edited by at 11 Jan 12:22
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

IMHO, in this instance it’s the “demanding job” part that’s significant, not the aspirin consumption.

But a lot of people have demanding jobs and are washed out by 65

I completely agree that it’s one anecdote, but it was striking. There are a lot of theories around aspirin/metformin/caloric restriction improving longevity and it’s interesting to meet someone who has been on high-dose aspirin for several decades.

One of the paleolithic diet theories is that wild-type plants tend to produce far more salicylates (similar to aspirin) than cultivated varieties, so hunter-gatherers would be adapted to a higher dietary intake of them.

Socialized medicine. No wonder you guys are going broke. We in the US have a much more efficient system, its 4 mins next.

And a bill for $$. Maybe in the UK if a payment was required when people go to the doctors who aren’t ill the NHS would not be so clogged up.

UK health service finances are a monster that can never be satisfied.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

UK health service finances are a monster that can never be satisfied.

Agreed, but the US is hardly the model to adopt.

EGTK Oxford

Socialized medicine. No wonder you guys are going broke. We in the US have a much more efficient system, its 4 mins next.

But you guys in the US also run the biggest “socialized medicine” scheme called MHS in the world as far as I know – and it’s not exactly cheap

LSZK, Switzerland

Neil, I agree entirely and have to add that all doctors surgeries should have a contract with their patients and NOT with the Health Authority. It would also be a step forward if a doctor was able to set up a practise wherever he/she wished rather than having to seek permission from the Health Authority. Lastly why are we not able to go directly to seek advice from a consultant, we must only go via a GP?

UK, United Kingdom

Achim is right. Ive never heard of a cow with high blood pressure.

My granny had a cow which died on fatty degeneration of heart.
Can happen.

United Kingdom

Ive never heard of a cow with high blood pressure

Yes but that’s just silly… What does an animal do?

while (alive)
{
eat(as much as possible)
shag(as much as possible)
sleep(as much as possible)
}

If you put a horse into a field with too much good grass, it will eat so much it will die because it is too fat to stand up.

Cows get chopped up for meat long before they reach the average age of a PPL holder

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message