Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sucker born every minute - stepping up to an old turbine.

After having had meltdown at my mechanics about the slow progress, now finally things have moved forward. Starter/generators overhauled and mounted. Fuel manifolds and nozzles mounted. And, finally, windscreen and side windows mounted! Now all that remains is exhaust stack repair and she should be able to get out of there. Hopeful for a Xmas release out jail!

Costs so far about $20-25K.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 05 Nov 18:26

Exhaust coming back next week from the welding shop, the new pedal boot seal kit arrives next week (the floor is pressure vessel on older Commanders). Just bought two new Gill lead acid batteries for $1550/each. Trim wheels sent off for powder coating. Trim cable teleflex cable replaced on both sides.

Once they get back to work after the holidays, they’ve told me it should take about 2 weeks to get her going. I’ll see it when I believe it, but at least we’re talking weeks and not months anymore. I’ve spent about $30K by now. On par with what I expected.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 19 Dec 02:27

Hey Adam, most impressive! Can I be your friend????

Tököl LHTL

Who’s doing the work ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

@Callum 19-Nov-14 17:23 #40
“You need to get a control lock Adam and stop using the seat belts. It looks nasty.”

No, no, in a turbine that’s total chic!!!

Tököl LHTL

Who’s doing the work ?

An old Commander guru. He’s in his 70’s, so things move slower. But nobody knows more about them than Morris Kernick.

An old Commander guru. He’s in his 70’s, so things move slower. But nobody knows more about them than Morris Kernick.

No wonder he knows a lot about them. They stay in his shop for a long time! :)

EGTK Oxford

Deleted post. Wrong thread.

Last Edited by Neil at 19 Dec 18:04
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Exhaust stacks are back from weld shop (after wild goose chase trying to source used ones) and now back on. And the new boot and column pressure boots have also been installed. Now all that’s left is replacing a trim control, some teleflex cables and powder coating the trim wheels. After that they should be able to move to ground tests and engine runs.

Starting to see the end.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 04 Feb 05:00

Now the exhaust stacks are on.

Sign in to add your message