Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Another entry into the diesel market: Mooney

Looking good ! Can’t understand a word of what the CEO is saying though…

Last Edited by airways at 26 Apr 08:03
EBST, Belgium

How many interviews like that have I seen in the last 20 years? I understand all he’s saying, I just don’t believe all of it ;-)

The airplane looks very nice though. I like the interior.

What happens to a composite aircraft in a gear-up landing – total write-off?

EFHF

Hahaha…

That guy ahhh… is ahh… ridiculous!

The vertical gear legs look awful.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 02 May 20:22
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I would think that there should be a few lancair owners who should be able to shed some light to that question?

That guy ahhh… is ahh… ridiculous!

He needs to improve his English. I am sure he does better in the main target market though.

Had a talk with the COO of Mooney at Friedrichshafen. I think the M10T is really for the Chinese flight school market and for that only. Wheras the J (retracable) is intended as the entry level model to the Mooney line up. I’d think that most M10’s to leave the factory will be J models and not T’s with the fixed gear.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 02 May 20:48
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I doubt it. Many a glider has had a wheel up landing on concrete, with less repair consequences than metal.

As well an Lancair there are many DA42 retractable aircraft, I suspect there has been a gear up landing on one of them. I believe there have also been Beech 390 incidents. The engine issues are usually the most expensive part of a gear up landing.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Neil, that is a post that is about as near to the truth of the matter as you can get.

There have been many gear up landings (or gear collapses) of Lancairs and other composite aircraft.

It trashes the plane if you go off the runway and catch a wing on something, but that is largely true for metal ones too. I have just seen pics of a fairly old TB20 which did that (and due to bouncing around trashed the other wing, and flaps, etc) and which was written off.

If you are going to a gear-up, a hard runway is much better than grass, because with grass you can catch something and dig in.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

i can say i have done an gear up on a PA28r on grass and I was completely suprised of how little damage was to the airframe
only the step and some arials on the bottom

also did see after a gear up on a pa 28r 2 guys in spain just fitted a new prop and continued!! i was REAL supprised

fly2000

Some aircraft have almost no damage after a gear up. If there’s no prop strike and you put it down carefully many times only the paint is scratched, plus some minor dents .. depends on the type too

Sign in to add your message