Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Sardinia - tips?

Hi,

I plan to fly to Sardinia next Friday for at least 1 week. I was wondering if anyone has tips for this trip.
For example; which airport or area to visit in Sardinia, places to stay and/or to visit?

The route will go from Belgium to Sardinia, so any places on the route that are worth a visit are welcome too.
It can be for a short stop or for an overnight.

I’m flying a WT9 Dynamic (about 5h range, 135kt, VFR only)

Thanks in advance!!

Last Edited by jvdo at 23 Aug 21:09
EBMO, EBKT

Looks like a nice trip, I am sure you will find it nice to stop and visit somewhere near Reims, Troyes, Annemasse, Gap, Castellet, Sisteron, Cannes, Propriano

No Dijon please

Last Edited by Ibra at 23 Aug 21:00
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Looks like a nice trip, I am sure you will find it nice to stop and visit somewhere near Reims, Troyes, Annemasse, Gap, Castellet, Sisteron, Cannes, Propriano

No Dijon please

Haha, I’ll avoid Dijon.
Right now I’m thinking about EBMO – LFLY (or something in the area) – LFKO, I have visited all of those before so no surprises. However, I have never visited Sardinia, so I have no clue where to go.

EBMO, EBKT

A rather old writeup here.

Also some reports on our airports database – examples.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi we go regularly, it’s our go-to place for most of our weekend trips. Alghero is great and friendly, DM me if you need any concrete advice.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

DM me if you need any concrete advice.

Thanks, will do :)

EBMO, EBKT

Do check the availability of Avgas.
On my last trip there there was none available in Sardinia so I had to ensure I filled up in Corsica.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Check also Propriano by phone. If there is a lot of traffic (and there have been a lot of recently since Calvi is expensive and almost closed to small GA), the a gas pump of Propriano may be empty.

LFMD, France

Is Calvi closed to GA? The last database report says 72hrs PPR but I can’t see it in the AIP. There is a 24hr PPR notam which will stop a lot of traffic. We had a great fly-in there in 2014 although the French fuellers were on strike so we had to refuel elsewhere (Albenga – a bad choice; took several hours).

On Sardinia, what happened to avgas at Caglieri and Oristano?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Calvi de facto mostly closed due to works this season. Might become better again next year, but generally, in high season, they hate
small piston GA and will often reject it.

Avgas at Cagliari 4.28€ atm.

Oristano closed.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
37 Posts
Sign in to add your message