Banner
Welcome to our forums

VFR Flying to Europe presentation 2012, and again 2024

Yes

EGLK, United Kingdom

🙋‍♂️ Certainly interested

EBGB EBKT, Belgium

Finally getting around to this

It wants to be done around April, when VFR flyers are getting out and doing trips.

The problem I have is a lack of time, together with not much recent VFR experience on the mainland. I can talk about the UK VFR stuff pretty well.

Is anyone interested in doing this? They can start with my powerpoint slides (the original 2012 presentation is under Articles, and the vast majority has not changed) and edit them.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@peter, this is a subject that really interests me. I don’t have enough flying experience in Europe to lead the presentation, but if I can help in any way, please let me know.

EGSU, United Kingdom

I for sure would be interested in seeing it !
(And my club would get heavy lobbying to attend, despite the generally low English fluency and infrequent cross-border flying, this FCL.055 has to be useful for something !)

France

I’d be happy to attend. this will be the first year of being active again for 7 years so looking for any ways to remove the rust…

Forever learning
EGTB

I’d be happy to do this as I tend to mix VFR/IFR for efficiency or who is actually doing the flying part. My first forays into Europe were driven by Peter’s articles and tips too!

If you there is a chance you can send the original deck Peter I can edit as needed.

EGBP, United Kingdom

Sent

Thank you for your kind offer.

@Michal – just spotted your post. That is amazing!! Unfortunately after 55 years I have largely forgotten my home language… I can decipher it though. Really nice to read that

Administrator

Also happy to lend a second set of eyes as someone who transitioned from the US to Europe a number of years ago. I’ve flown VFR and IFR all over Europe in the last few years, and I have some background in writing and editing. I don’t have the time to do it myself, but reviewing, editing, offering content suggestions, etc. is something I can help with if you want.

EHRD, Netherlands

This time of the year would be a good time to run this, and Zoom is the obvious channel.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message