Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Which UK mainland airports avoid the 12hr PN for Channel Islands / IOM flights?

From here Gloucester EGBJ seems to be one. IIRC, Bournemouth EGHH was another.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The ones under column “P” in Annex A (e.g. Southend) don’t need 12h PN to Special Branch

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/general-aviation-operators-and-pilots-notification-of-flights/general-aviation-report-guidance-accessible#AnnexA

2h PN GAR to UKBF is enough for say Jersey, Guernsey…

Last Edited by Ibra at 31 May 09:13
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Interesting that Lydd EGMD is on that list. I bet nobody knew that. Could be handy. None of the others are useful for south coast departures, except Exeter EGTE at £80… Bournemouth EGHH at £105 (today’s price, below 1500kg) and the only way to avoid that is to “visit a company for maintenance”. Southampton EGHI… won’t even bother to ask.

Administrator

Touch and go at Lydd and then get on your way!

EGTF, United Kingdom

Touch and go at Lydd and then get on your way!

That works for Kent Police but does not work for UKBF in Lydd (also TechStop are prohibited for GA under GAR rules)

While ago, I called Police from Damyns Hall asking if we can go to Jersey on short notice, they replied check with “UKBF if they are happy”. Funny that back then you don’t even need outbound GAR

Has anyone ever meet Special Branch (Police) or got a call from them for UK flights to Jersey or Guernsey? I don’t even know how they look like (I know how UKBF look like)

The last time from Duxford-Jersey, I naively assumed SGAR does send notice to Police (apparently it does not and I should email separately)

Last Edited by Ibra at 31 May 11:37

That works for Kent Police but does not work for UKBF in Lydd

So basically that list is nearly useless.

Administrator

Ibra wrote:

That works for Kent Police but does not work for UKBF in Lydd (also TechStop are prohibited for GA under GAR rules)

While ago, I called Police from Damyns Hall asking if we can go to Jersey on short notice, they replied check with “UKBF if they are happy”. Funny that back then you don’t even need outbound GAR

Has anyone ever meet Special Branch (Police) or got a call from them for UK flights to Jersey or Guernsey? I don’t even know how they look like (I know how UKBF look like)

I was being somewhat factitious about the T&G :) I’ve never been met by the UK police, only Border Force. I have been met, though, by the Guernsey police and Guernsey customs (different departments) upon arrival there from Spain.

Last Edited by Indochine at 31 May 12:23
EGTF, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

The last time from Duxford-Jersey, I naively assumed SGAR does send notice to Police (apparently it does not and I should email separately)

This urgently needs to be clarified – the previous version of the sGAR guidance said sGAR did notify the police; now it seems not.

EGTF, United Kingdom

The government GAR site works fine for the CI.

Administrator

You can go to Jersey from Lydd with 2h PN SGAR notice, however, you have to make full stop there (it’s the T&G mentioned earlier by Indochine that does not work)

From Shoreham to Jersey, you need 12h PN to Police and 2h PN SGAR to UKBF

Last Edited by Ibra at 31 May 12:21
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message