Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AIP Netherlands gem: UK license holders still allowed to fly aeroplanes and helicopters

AIP Netherlands GEN 1.3 § 4 says (emphasis mine):

Holders of unrestricted and valid JAR-FCL 1 and 3 licences/ratings (pilot license and medical certificate) issued by the authorities of the following states are allowed to fly aeroplanes registered in the Netherlands without any additional licensing formalities: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

and continues with the same for helicopters.

“Probably” that is an old pre-EASA text that they forgot to remove/correct, but post-Brexit, some may argue that their UK Part-FCL licence is meant by the above text.

Last Edited by lionel at 14 Aug 17:44
ELLX

Not a single valid JAR-FCL 1 licence exists. The AIP is not law and in any event the principle of supremacy of EU law means that the Aircrew Regulation is binding.

London, United Kingdom

Qalupalik wrote:

The AIP is not law

In some (most?) jurisdictions, there is such a thing as “error induced by official information given by the state that the receiver of the information believed in good faith and reasonably” or something like that. I’m not exactly arguing this is the case here, because we “know” that this is just an old pre-EASA (never mind pre-Brexit) text that they forgot to adapt, but I found this amusing.

ELLX
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message