Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How do some airports (France in particular) email invoices to pilots?

I think that most countries publish their aircraft register, and that’s probably where they get it from.

My club used to use my home address for the aircraft register, and I’d occasionally get a bill from an airport. So they must have use the aircraft register.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

etn wrote:

No email, but the name of the owner + postal address is available. This is certainly questionable indeed in the times of GDPR. Does this database has equivalents in other countries?

Luxembourg used to publish a full PDF, but they removed it, I think following GDPR. It had only reg, type of aircraft, name of owner and name of operator. No address. The law still says one can access the register on request (as it has always said), I think if one makes a request for a specific registration, one will get the answer.

ELLX

Now that Peter mentioned it, I realised that at least one Belgian airport has never billed me for my visits.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Peter wrote:

But even 1 letter will cost more in human salary costs than most landing fees.

The staff is there, anyway. If they weren’t busy with the overdue invoices they would kill the time playing on their phones.

I don’t about the rules concerning D-reg planes but with Club airplanes it regularly happens that someone lands somewhere and then gets reminded that fees weren’t payed on the last visit (by another pilot ofc).

EDQH, Germany

In France they send you the bill up to 2 years later with an admin charge that is 10 times the original bill….and usually ask for payment by cheque…

…oh, and if its La Rochelle, they have the wrong date and wrong registration on the bill they send you for a visit you actually paid for at the time….

Last Edited by skydriller at 21 Aug 02:41

Ha that’s why I still have landing fee receipts for La Rochelle dating back to 1993🙃

France

It was La Rochelle which demanded a payment for an already paid landing. It took me a long time to sort that out.

Strangely enough I don’t like this sort of thing because

• it is a hostage to fortune i.e. they might decide a year later you never paid, and then how do you prove it? (for many years I have been keeping receipts basically for ever, especially for France) … if you try invoicing after a year in business, the customer will invariably tell you to f*** off, but in aviation the debt remains attached to the airframe for ever and could bite you in the bum one day
  • it is a reminder that the airport is a lot more likely to close one day, once some local bean counter wakes up and discovers how many millions have been poured into the place for decades
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message