Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Overhauling headsets

Good day all,
Having a pair of old headsets which still work fine and being the cheapskate that I am, I was wondering if there are any shops in Austria/Germany/Czechia/Poland which overhaul and refurbish old headsets. I really don’t want to ship them to the US.
Thanks,
Brunner.

Czech Republic

If they work fine, what specifically do you want to refurbish?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

The earpads are way too old, the jacks need replacing, and other minor stuff.

Czech Republic

I may be able to do it for you here in Prague, but I need to see them first (model numbers and photos of the problematic areas would suffice).

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 31 Jul 16:33

When I had an issue with a Lightspeed headset under guarantee I sent them to a guy in Germany.
It is probably possible to find that guy somewhere on the internet. :)

This was maybe 12-13 years ago…

Last Edited by Fly310 at 31 Jul 17:33
ESSZ, Sweden

You don’t say which brand they are. I have repaired my Boses a couple of times with repair kits sourced either through our local pilot shop or online.

Brunner wrote:

The earpads are way too old, the jacks need replacing, and other minor stuff.

This is probably something you can do yourself. Earpads are replacement items and soldering jacks is not terribly difficult.

etn
EDQN, Germany

Headsets are Peltor 7006, which are out of production. Seems nobody is selling parts here in Europe.

Czech Republic

Have you tried eBay?

@Brunner, Peltor shouldn’t be a problem at all, I am familiar with them and can find new earpads for you, too. Have a Peltor ground mechanic headset right in front of me this very minute.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 31 Jul 23:29
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message