Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advice/help needed - plane stranded at Oxford

… I’m trying for three weeks now (phone, email and WhatsApp)

Last Edited by ArrowFlyer at 17 Jul 08:30
Germany

A short update, as promised: the pilot I mentioned above did walk over to the maintenance shop, talked to the engineers and took a photo. The aircraft is safely in the hangar and still in one piece :-). Thank you all for your support, it means a lot.

Germany

Did they say anything about the calls or emails?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

They told him, they wanted to text me on Friday

Germany

Peter wrote:

You must not let this sort of thing go unchecked

Absolutely.
@ArrowFlyer, no news from the shop, no way to contact them, the situation is scandalous, and I sure feel for you.
I’m also quite disappointed that no EuroGA user is able to help directly. Is there really nobody here able to fly to Oxford as an exercise, or for fun, or just to burn some gas, and pay a visit to talk with this “maintenance shop” and ask them what’s going on?

Just went downtown to surrender my passport for renewal, the new one will arrive in up to a fortnight hopefully… would I be residing in the UK, I’d sure have gone and taken a look.

Good luck!

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Peter,

thank you for your post. There was an EuroGA user in Oxford, who did talk to them. He really got the ball rolling. The engineer contacted me today and I hope, we can figure something out. I keep you posted

Germany

The engineer contacted me today and I hope, we can figure something out

Ok, now that is some positive news, thanks for the feedback.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

It worked. A friend flew me to Oxford with my engineer and parts. We were able to repair the plane, now the plane has arrived home safely. Thank you all and have a nice weekend.

Germany

Glad to hear, and a nice turn for this community

EGTF, LFTF

Freakin´ “good” story, I got all hooked up and just wanting to get to the end and read the (hopefully) good news. Happy the see somebody in the community stepping in and that it ended this way! Great new. Have a great weekend!

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal
Sign in to add your message