Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying and family pressure

MichaLSA wrote:

they put these little octagonal open plastic blocks as strengthening into their runway

Yes that’s what I’ve heard, I’ve not yet been there.

However, that is better than grass and might therefore qualify as a fly-in destination (where one of @Peter’s rules is: no grass )

Germany

UdoR wrote:

Hodenhagen in Germany. There’s the Safari Park right next to the airfield, in a walking distance. Admittedly a grass strip,

EDVH is ‘kind of gras strip’, they put these little octagonal open plastic blocks as strengthening into their runway, so be prepared for some strange buzzing from rolling over the structure when landing. It is kinda nice though and makes the field soaking gras independent ;-).

Germany

Ibra wrote:

Sounds brilliant, northern of Netherlands or Germany?

For example. Where I’ll definitely fly this year is Hodenhagen in Germany. There’s the Safari Park right next to the airfield, in a walking distance. Admittedly a grass strip, but as far as I’ve been told (they do fly-ins regularly) it is kept in a very good condition. I plan to stay two nights, date is not settled yet. Sounds (to me) like a lot of time to have some nice chat around a firepot.

Another prime destination with kids of any age is Zell am See in Austria. But there are a lot more.

Germany

UdoR wrote:

Why don’t we make a family fly-in this summer?

Great idea. I had this idea last october
Unfortunately, we have big plans for this year so it is unlikely we would come by air.

LFOU, France

Are grandkids welcome?

I’m not that old

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Are grandkids welcome?

Last Edited by aart at 21 Feb 12:20
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Choose some location that’s attractive for kids…

I would probably have some problems persuading mine to join because now they are 24 and 25 but maybe some locations are still attractive

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Choose some location that’s attractive for kids…I have some ideas

Sounds brilliant, northern of Netherlands or Germany?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Why don’t we make a family fly-in this summer? Choose some location that’s attractive for kids…I have some ideas.

Germany

That’s the one! A very big hole in the ground.

EHTE, Netherlands
102 Posts
Sign in to add your message