Welcome to our forums

New plane - TB20GT

Congratulations John. An excellent choice

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

anything I missed?

Aircraft

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

a meetup, sounds like a great idea to me. What does it take?

A volunteer organizer, a date, a location with IFR procedures, good weather, participants, anything I missed?
Envious of the large Garmins

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Cockpit photo (on our way to Cannes) below. As for a meetup, sounds like a great idea to me. What does it take?

LFMD, France

Wow @johnh, so happy for you! A meetup in your area is in order! Am planning to go to Aix myself in a month or so, will let you know!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

@johnh, what about those cockpit photos?! :)

EGTR

Woohoo 🎉 exciting

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

johnh wrote:

I was looking at used plane ads for France, mainly to reassure myself that even if I did want another plane, I wouldn’t find anything I wanted

sooo, you like to play these kind of dangerous games, don’t ya
Enjoy your acquisition and good luck (and see ya at the next fly-out, meet-up, or whatever it’s gonna be called).

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Lovely airplane! Congratulations!

Great choice too. I think the TB20 is one of the best tourers for Europe. Great range and good payload, comfy cabin, what else does one need. Enjoy and have fun!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Where did you find it for sale

I was looking at used plane ads for France, mainly to reassure myself that even if I did want another plane, I wouldn’t find anything I wanted – just tired old DR400-120s and PA28s. Then this one showed up and I was hooked. It was on one of the regular French sites, forget which.

funny up and down groundspeed data

You often see that with Foreflight, even for airliners. If we’d actually had the speed variations that the log shows, I think the acceleration forces would have killed us.

LFMD, France
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message