Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anyone here offering banner towing? (London low emissions zone)

I’m looking to have a “STOP ULEZ” banner flown around London. Anyone know anyone I should talk to?

Forever learning
EGTB

https://skybanner.co.uk/

And they are a great setup

Thanks. I would imagine being based in Blackpool would add to the cost significantly.
Anyone else on here got strong opposing views on ULEZ and want to share?

Forever learning
EGTB

Stickandrudderman wrote:

Anyone else on here got strong opposing views on ULEZ and want to share?

I’d be me more opposed to LTNs – “my street will NOT have the extra cars, go away! go to the other street”. :)

EGTR

Living in London, I am very pro ULEZ .

It is a bit terrible if you own a pre-2015 diesel; nobody wants to replace a newish car.

However, even if the legislation is awkward, the result is immediate. London has a polution problem, which affects the quality of life of 10 million people. We could debate climate change issues, but they won’t effect the quality of life for London’s inhabitants for decades, if ever (positive or negative). However, reducing transportation related particulate (and NOx) is something that can be done right away, and it benefits everyone’s health.

Thankfully wood and coal burning to heat houses in London has mostly disappeared. Funny, enough, so has London’s pea-soup fog!! In actuality, I am sure it was never a moisture based fog, but was very much likely to be air pollution, ala Beijing. Having visited Beijing for a month and not been able to see the end of the street at some times, I was gratefull that most first world cities have cleaned up their act.

Transportation is the biggest contributor of N0x and PM10 in London. It is hard on business and other people that have to use vehicles, but how else are you going to clean up the transportation industry? It is always going to be a case of implementing stricter rules for cleaner vehicles, and this is certainly going to upset various groups.

But cleaner air for everyone… as a resident, I can get on board with this, even if I have to pay for it via ULEZ induced upgrades to cleaner vehicles, or fees to drive my older vehicle less.

Demystifying_air_pollution_in_London_FINAL_FULL_REPORT_IM_pdf

Last Edited by Canuck at 27 Jan 14:53
Sans aircraft at the moment :-(, United Kingdom

I don’t think this is the place to have this discussion but ULEZ is not about pollution; it’s about revenue and is being forced on 14 million people without mandate and largely without their knowledge.

Forever learning
EGTB

Canuck wrote:

London has a polution problem, which affects the quality of life of 10 million people.

The main cause of that pollution problem is the fact that there are 10 million people. I think a better solution is to say to people “if you want cleaner air, go and live somewhere else”.

Over-population is the issue that no politician wants to touch.

Last Edited by Graham at 27 Jan 16:32
EGLM & EGTN

ULEZ ????

172driver wrote:

ULEZ ????

“Ultra Low Emission Zone” – all around London, you pay more if you drive much older car.
An attempt to drive high-polluting vehicles away from London.

LTN – Low Traffic Neighbourhood – even if you drive electric car, you may not get into certain place (unless you live there), otherwise you pay much more as a penalty.
An attempt to create your own fiefdom (works if you know someone from the council) and pushing out the cars from your street to your neighbours’.

EGTR

Might struggle to find a banner towing twin….

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message